BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Model: Pearl
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SureType is missing

Please Login to Remove!

This morning i was texting someone and the SureType was working fine. Now later today i go to text and i have to hit each button until the letter i want appears. I cant just type the word out and suretype fixes it. I see in the upper right corner the symbol that said "ABC" but i cant get back to the sure type. did i accidetly hit a button or something?
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

While in the text message screen, hold down the * key until the ABC goes away. Suretype will then be back.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowPants
This morning i was texting someone and the SureType was working fine. Now later today i go to text and i have to hit each button until the letter i want appears. I cant just type the word out and suretype fixes it. I see in the upper right corner the symbol that said "ABC" but i cant get back to the sure type. did i accidetly hit a button or something?
You either accidentally hit a button [holding down the shift key] or the OS reverted or switched to "multi-tap" mode as the default [either as indicated by the "ABC"].

To change the default back to SureType:

<settings>

<language>

<input language>

<English(United States)>

Press escape key [key to right of trackball]

Scroll to <save>

Press trackball to save setting.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
You either accidentally hit a button [holding down the shift key] or the OS reverted or switched to "multi-tap" mode as the default [either as indicated by the "ABC"].

To change the default back to SureType:

<settings>

<language>

<input language>

<English(United States)>

Press escape key [key to right of trackball]

Scroll to <save>

Press trackball to save setting.
That's a lot of work, man!!!

Just holding down the * key seems a little easier to me.
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Model: Pearl
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ah ha. thanks alot. i guess i must have change the input method somehow.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
That's a lot of work, man!!!

Just holding down the * key seems a little easier to me.
Yes it is a hassle, but my instructions are for when the Pearl, for whatever reason, has changed the default input method from SureType to Multi-Tap. That happened to me once, don't know why, but when I went into the input method to change the setting it was mysteriously on multi-tap.

I did not want to always hold down a key to switch between modes, hence going through the hassle of changing it through the options menu.
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.