Originally Posted by diggablue
hey everyone. just got my new pearl for xmas and i have a couple of questions as this is my first BB.
1. so its true that i have to download a program to be able to use AIM? why would anyone download IM+ if they can get ramble for free? i was hoping that this device would already have AIM readily accessible.
2. i set up my yahoo email account but whenever i receive a new email, it also shows that same email in the text messages. how can i stop this?
3. is there a way to only have a few of my most used icons on the homescreen rather than every one of them?
4. do i change the text message alert in the profiles section?
5. i do not have a data package right now (will be getting one soon) so how can i ensure that i am not "online" when i leave the browser? my last phone asked if i wanted to disconnect.
any help is greatly appreciated!
1. if the specs say that AIM isn't preloaded then its not AIM ready. Ramble IM is the best program for AIM users cause it uses data rather than text messages so no need for separate texting plan (especially if you IM lots).
2. The pearl has an folder that all email, SMS (text messages), PIN messages and MMS go into as well as separate icons for individual email addresses, so what you describe is normal.
3. highlight the icon you want to get rid of and press the menu key (key with all those dots on it) and select hide application. Repeat process to all other unwanted icons except a few aren't hidable.
4. Select profiles, select advanced (bottom of list), highlight profile you want, hit menu key and select edit, go down to SMS text and edit accordingly
5. If you surf the internet on the BB frequently, best bet is a data plan w/ unlimited data on it. But you make sure you aren't using the browser still by selecting close from the menu.