BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hello from Alaska

Please Login to Remove!

I just got Blackberry Pearl, Tmobile service in Anchorage, AK, is working fine. And I like BB Pearl, used to have SK 2 for 2 yrs and broken. I am deaf, BTW.

I have to learn something on BB, I couldn't get bluetooth enabled, also maps not working, I have data plan??
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
h3LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Model: 9000
Carrier: The Evil Globe
Posts: 174
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome and congrats!
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 240
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default hey

if you have ne questions look for corey mckinney in the foums he knows alot
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneWild
I just got Blackberry Pearl, Tmobile service in Anchorage, AK, is working fine. And I like BB Pearl, used to have SK 2 for 2 yrs and broken. I am deaf, BTW.

I have to learn something on BB, I couldn't get bluetooth enabled, also maps not working, I have data plan??
If you have a data plan you should see GPRS or EDGE all in capital letters (top right cornor of the BB). If it's not in caps you are not connected for data.

To set up the Bluetooth you have to pair the device with the Pearl. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to set the device (GPS "puck"?) into pairing mode and make a note of the "code" to authorize the pairing (frequently 0000), then press the Menu button on your Pearl and scroll through the list till you find the TWO Bluetooth icons. Click on the one that says Set Up Bluetooth. It will pop up a message "Please ensure your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode." Click "Ok". It will search for any nearby devices. If it says "No new devices found" make sure that your devices is charged, on, and in pairing mode, and within 30 feet, then try again.

If that doesn't work, holler back in here and someone will help you sort it all out.

Welcome to BB Forums (said the other newbie).
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome to the forums!
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
kathrynhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: EVO!
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2,017
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Welcome! While you're setting up your Pearl, grab a free trial of the BlackBerry Alerts software. It will let you configure your LED light to blink different colors for different types of messages that you get, like you used to be able to do with the D-Pad on the Sidekick.
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
richardrblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: newjersey
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0
PIN: 22cf4edb
Carrier: att
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

welcome to bb forums my brother lives in alaska juno
__________________
[img]http://www.hdpixel.com/gallery/data/3559/555richardrblc.jpg[/img

just upgraded to the torch 9800 new berry means new pin 22cf4edb
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyffwd
If you have a data plan you should see GPRS or EDGE all in capital letters (top right cornor of the BB). If it's not in caps you are not connected for data.

To set up the Bluetooth you have to pair the device with the Pearl. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to set the device (GPS "puck"?) into pairing mode and make a note of the "code" to authorize the pairing (frequently 0000), then press the Menu button on your Pearl and scroll through the list till you find the TWO Bluetooth icons. Click on the one that says Set Up Bluetooth. It will pop up a message "Please ensure your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode." Click "Ok". It will search for any nearby devices. If it says "No new devices found" make sure that your devices is charged, on, and in pairing mode, and within 30 feet, then try again.

If that doesn't work, holler back in here and someone will help you sort it all out.

Welcome to BB Forums (said the other newbie).
I have unlimited data plan only, no voice plan. I will try what ur described above about bluetooth. Thanks.

BB alert is in voice message?



and THANKS EVERYONE ABOVE!

Last edited by GirlGoneWild : 12-28-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilentScreamXx
if you have ne questions look for corey mckinney in the foums he knows alot
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
Hello!
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneWild
Hello!
Hi,

Have you got everything squared away, or are you still in need of assistance?
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am learning... last ight I have had problem with Ramble IM invisible I have downloaded couple times still not working. this morning I thought to uninstall, removed batterry awhile, then put b ck and reinstalled now finally there's but tried to log in not working keeps telling me invalid connection string: open tunnel-failure
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

now bluetooth finally enabled :D
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Have you verified your APN settings?

Go to menu/options/advanced options/tcp:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username for APN: 'blank'
Password for APN: 'blank'
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BobMarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Alexandria, va
Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 171
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

are the icebergs melting?

An Inconvenient Truth.

Wake up people!
__________________
Blackberry 8120: 09 - Present
Blackberry 8100: 06 - 09
Blackberry 7100: 02 - 06
Motorola TimePort: 98 - 02
Motorola Microtac: 92 - 98
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cisco Engineer
 
mckinneycm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura, California
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.421
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,388
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley
are the icebergs melting?

An Inconvenient Truth.

Wake up people!
?????
__________________
Corey McKinney

www.coreymckinney.com
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dgray8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: halfway between here and there
Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 608
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hiya and welcome to the forums....search around to learn things....and never be afraid to ask questions
__________________
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Blackberry 8100
http://www.picresize.com/
Offline  
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
GirlGoneWild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E6F91F
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
Have you verified your APN settings?

Go to menu/options/advanced options/tcp:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username for APN: 'blank'
Password for APN: 'blank'
THANKS! i just type in search for ramble found thread n scrolled to read then typed on m pearl, now it works, yay!

I think that is all i need for now, later on i ll read more to add.

Thanks another above for welcoming me in this site!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.