I have been experiencing a weird problem with the message list shortcut keys, in particular the Alt-I (or 3) shortcut to only display incoming messages. I am on my 2nd Cingular Pearl and previously had a TMobile Pearl - all eventually suffer from this problem. In addition a friend of mine has gone through 5 TM Pearls and they all eventually have this problem. The weirdest part is that everything starts out working fine (see excerpt from manual below) but eventually (anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks) it stops working.
Below I am pasting text from the BB manual which shows how these shortcuts are supposed to work: View one type of message in a message list:
- To view received messages, press the Alt key and 3.
- To view call logs, press the Alt key and the period (.) key.
- To view voice mail messages, press the Alt key and 7.
- To view SMS text messages, press the Alt key and the question mark (?) key.
- To view all your messages again, press the Escape key
Here's the problem:
In the message list I have the options set to show all Sent and Filed messages. I like to sometimes just see my incoming messages. For the first week or two with a new Pearl, the Alt-I (or 3) shortcut works fine. But after a week or two, this shortcut no longer works - it doesn't do anything. In addition, the Alt-P (or .) shortcut to show phone calls stops working and instead it shows Outgoing messages (Alt-O). Have also had issues where the Alt-S (or ?) to show SMS messages stops working.
So right now, I've had my current phone for two weeks and just started experiencing the problem:
- Alt-I (3) does nothing
- Alt-O/P (.) shows Outgoing (not Phone Calls)
- Alt-V (7) does nothing
- Alt-S (?) does nothing
- Alt-M (9) shows MMS messages (this is a new one)
Any thoughts on what is going on here. Anyone else have this problem.
Sorry for the lengthy post.