01-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are concerned about being charged for IM messages and you do not have a text plan, do not use the Yahoo IM client that comes preinstalled with your 8100 (Mobile Instant Messaging Powered by Oz). This version uses SMS text to send messages.
You will not accrue additional monthly charges with a Yahoo IM client which uses data, if you are already on an unlimited data plan with TMo.
Suggestion is to download the Yahoo IM client from BlackBerry.
In your 8100...
1. Select Browser.
2. Select "Home Page" under BlackBerry Bookmarks.
3. Click on the "Downloads" link.
4. Click on the "Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry users" link under Applications.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Download."
6. Select your desired language (English).
7. Click submit.
8. Read and agree to the EULA.
9. Select "I accept" and follow the onscreen instructions to download and install.