02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Feb 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Blackberry Pearl, AOL, and Lotus Notes sync questions
Please Login to Remove!
1. AOL not instant notification? Email notices come about 10 minutes later sometimes, sometimes never unless I choose Reconcile now. Is that how it works?
2. How can I get it so I can read an email on the BB from AOL, but to still leave it marked unread at AOL, without every single time choosing ďMark UnopenedĒ on the BB?
3. And for those that are downloaded to my BB, but I go to AOL.com and read them there, they still show unread on my BB. How do I get it so that way if I read AOL email at AOL.com, that the BB recognizes that and makes it go from unread to read on the BB message box?
4. How do I sort it so I am only looking at emails from AOL and not SMS or PIN messages?
5. When receiving SMS or emails, how can I get a visual notification? Right now if I leave my phone sitting in front of me at work, the only way I know a new message came is that the little light at the top flashes red but its something you donít really notice if its not right in front of you. With other phones, even with the phone on silent notification, the screen lights up so you can see in you peripheral vision. And that light is barely noticeable. I have my BT on, so every two seconds it flashes blue, then every two seconds it flashes red if an email is in there, so you might have to literally stare at the phone for 4 seconds if you think you got a message
6. I also notice that when I do get the email to my BB, and if I reply to it, if I go back to AOL, I wonít see my reply in the sent messages. That makes things difficult if Iím tracking messages and want to know if I sent an email to someone. That means Iíd have to check my AOL sent box, and then go to my BB and check that out box.
7. I have Lotus Notes and I finally got the BB Desktop manager to work, not that hard. However, I can only sync address, tasks, and calendar. The messages box is not highlighted. Why not?