I posted a couple days ago looking for a review of Speck Products new case and it didn't seem as if there was anyone that had tried it yet. I believe it is pretty new. Anyhow here is my review after having the case for about 3 hours. Speck Products - Cases for BlackBerry Pearl
Ordering from Speck Products - Directly:
1. Easy order process, no big deal and no different than any other site.
2. Cost was 24.95 for shell and holster (I think this is cheaper than others that advertise on this site). After ground shipping it was $31 or in that range.
2. Shipping was super fast, went out the same day, shipped at UPS Ground 3-5 days and got almost exactly 48 hours later. Super fast shipping but it might be because I am on the west coast and it came from San Fran area.
1. First and foremost for my needs and protection it had the most important feature, FULL SCREEN COVERAGE
. The screen is very clear (although it appears smoke colored when you receive it there is no screen distortion at all and it is bright and colorful just as it was without the case.
2. Form fit is perfect, although I caution you if you have a SheildZone or BSE on your Pearl it will not fit perfect and the screen will mash up against the skin creating distortion. I had BSE but removed since the case was more important and more protection than the skin IMHO. I tried even removing all but the screen coverage of the skin (battery skin, top and bottom) but it still caused the distortion.
3. Does not add much bulk at all and also doesn't have any extra bulk for belt clip, etc. just a basic case to fit in the pocket with a seperate rotating holster if you like to wear your Pearl on your hip or elsewhere.
4. Access to all convenient keys, headphone jack, USB jack, volume control, mute button, little speaker opening at the top, microphone hole on the bottom, camera/flash/reflector on battery door, phone strap holes and the Phone Functions/Pearl and all keyboard keys are unobstructured.
5. Assembly on the phone was very easy and I like the way it attaches to the phone and to itself when you put it on.
6. Holster is a basic design. There are female (indented) + signs on each side of the case that clip in to male (protruding) + signs on the holster to keep it secured to the holster. Seems pretty easy to holster and unholster although I won't use this feature often because my case almost exclusively gets carried in my pocket which is why form factor and no extra bulk is very important to me.
7. Finally, the case if very attractive and does not deter from the sleek look of the Pearl.
That is all I can think of for now. I will check back and see if others have questions but this is the case I have been waiting for...oh for about 6 months now....and am just happy that Speck Products finally made it and it seems to be a pretty good design, I guess it was worth the wait.