BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Alex h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Devon UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question SPAM on 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Having just got my 8100 I am VERY much a newbie, but I set up BIS using my main email address.
Now on our ISP we have a spam filtyer, and I also have additional spam/junl filters set up on my laptop.

Since setting up my BIS accout, i notice that my 8100 seem sto be getting all the SPAM/junk emails, so I assume that what I have one my laptop is actually catching and eleting most.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce ehats arriving at the 8100?

Thanks Alex
Offline  
Old 03-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey
Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex h
Hi Having just got my 8100 I am VERY much a newbie, but I set up BIS using my main email address.
Now on our ISP we have a spam filtyer, and I also have additional spam/junl filters set up on my laptop.

Since setting up my BIS accout, i notice that my 8100 seem sto be getting all the SPAM/junk emails, so I assume that what I have one my laptop is actually catching and eleting most.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce ehats arriving at the 8100?

Thanks Alex
Since you're using BIS, you can add filters within there too to block addresses (or only allow specific ones).
Offline  
Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Alex h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Devon UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for that, missed it when I was setting up BIS.

Thanks

A
Offline  
Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 160 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Many BB were getting spamed with the @blackberry.net email addy... If you don't use it ( I don't really know anyone who does) then the easiest way is to remove it from your account if that is the addy getting spam'd

If it's a pop email addy then yes filters work great....
Offline  
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Alex h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Devon UK
Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, I'm using pop accounts so willtry th filters. Also came across a Spam filter from Antair - anyone got any experience with it ?

A
Offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
stixbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E7435D
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Many BB were getting spamed with the @blackberry.net email addy... If you don't use it ( I don't really know anyone who does) then the easiest way is to remove it from your account if that is the addy getting spam'd

If it's a pop email addy then yes filters work great....
I'm getting junk email once in awhile on my blackberry.net addy.
In order to not get these emails, I'll have to delete my bb email account?
I don't use the email addy often but I like having it just in case. I can just make up a new one can't I?

Note: I just got my BB a few weeks ago, thus the newbie questions. haha

Thanks!
__________________
Nachoooooooooo!
PIN: 23E7435D
Offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot
Posts: 1,009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixbc
I'm getting junk email once in awhile on my blackberry.net addy.
In order to not get these emails, I'll have to delete my bb email account?
If you don't use it- lose it!

Quote:
I don't use the email addy often but I like having it just in case. I can just make up a new one can't I?
Yes.
Offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
stixbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Model: 8100
PIN: 23E7435D
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

*sigh*
I guess I'll have to delete my account.
I'm curious though, since I hardly used my bb.net addy (maybe sent/received less than 10 emails), how the heck am I getting these random messages??
__________________
Nachoooooooooo!
PIN: 23E7435D
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.