BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems with Ring Tone Options?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I am a new BB user and I had a question about the ringer option on my pearl. When I put my phone on the loud ringer option, it just vibrates........when I put the phone on vibrate it vibrates too. Isn't the Loud option suposed to be a louder ring right?? I'm confused can someone please clarify the ringer options......I don't even know what the phone option is for either.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
beyondalegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 815
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMT
Hi I am a new BB user and I had a question about the ringer option on my pearl. When I put my phone on the loud ringer option, it just vibrates........when I put the phone on vibrate it vibrates too. Isn't the Loud option suposed to be a louder ring right?? I'm confused can someone please clarify the ringer options......I don't even know what the phone option is for either.
When you put it on loud sometimes it will vibrate 2 or three times before it rings. You can change this in the ringer options.
__________________
"When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Sh*t Gold"
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dubai -UAE
Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2D941
Carrier: Etisalat
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cant you have the vibrate and ringing at the same time? Why vibrate first and then ring? Doesnt make sense?
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
beyondalegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 815
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel
Cant you have the vibrate and ringing at the same time? Why vibrate first and then ring? Doesnt make sense?
LOL... I know, thats how it is though.
__________________
"When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Sh*t Gold"
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I never waited long enough to hear it ring after it vibrated!I saw it vibe and was wondering what the hec was wrong with my phone!
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
beyondalegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 815
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMT
I never waited long enough to hear it ring after it vibrated!I saw it vibe and was wondering what the hec was wrong with my phone!
lol...I did the same thing!
__________________
"When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Sh*t Gold"
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Schneider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oak Park, California
Model: pearl
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 139
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeah me too
its so stupid god
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Rev. Po-Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surprise
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there not some firmware update or OS upgrade that will allow the vibe and ring to happen at the same time? It is annoying.
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

No, there is not. Please don't let it ruin your life.

Go enjoy your BB.
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As long as there's a ring thread here, why does no one rignt with the custom ringtone I have set for them? My pearl always rings with the default ring for the profile im using
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8100c
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387
As long as there's a ring thread here, why does no one rignt with the custom ringtone I have set for them? My pearl always rings with the default ring for the profile im using
gotta do a battery pull. i know it's gay, but it's one of the few perturbations with this phone. take the battery out about 30 seconds, then put it back in. that should fix up most of any problems you have.
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoming7511
gotta do a battery pull. i know it's gay, but it's one of the few perturbations with this phone. take the battery out about 30 seconds, then put it back in. that should fix up most of any problems you have.
Thanks for teh heads up!
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hate to be a pain but it's still just ringing to the default for the profile. Am I supposed to set up an exception?(I did try that)
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.