OK, one of you pros (John Clark where are youuuuuuu) tell me -- is this not an entire whole new major release of 8100 software?
Software For BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.206 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 220.127.116.11
* Applications: 18.104.22.168
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File name: 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel102_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52_TIM_Ita ly.exe
* File size: 72.87MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Start page: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983
Interestingly on the same page they still list the older 4.2.0.XX release at the same time...
To install this update:
1. Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager
2. Donwload this OS and install it to the PC.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (this step is necessary any time an OS is installed from a different carrier than what is branded on the BB.)
4. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.