Originally Posted by carrolio
New to Blackberry and have a few questions. I have spent hours on this forum and didn't come up with an answer.
1. I am a former Palm user and had all my contacts under categories. I transferred them to Outlook and set up about seven categories. When synching with the Pearl they are all listed without the categories. I know you can filter but is there a way to view the categories all on one screen and then select the category? Is there an easier way to find someone without doing this?
2. This may be a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. When I am in the office and not on the road I don't need the Pearl to pick up my emails. How do I stop it from getting my emails while I am in the office. It is constantly ringing with new email and it is driving me nuts. I switched it to vibrate but I really would like it to not get email at all until I leave the office.
3. Last question: I synched my Pearl to outlook for the calendar and it put my recurring appointments (ie: birthdays and anniversaries) on two days. In other words if a birthday is on April 16th it also put it on the 17th. I also noticed that my time was updated on the Pearl to one hour earlier than it is. Could this have something to do with the problem?
Thanks for any input.
1. i dont think its possible
2. you can turn off your data services by going to options, network and turn data services off.
3.you need to get the dst patch to fix the time problem,just go to the blackberry help website from your pearrl, its there.