Query: cannot delete received messages on Pearl
Hi, anyone knows whats the problem if I can't seem to delete off the messages on Pearl? When I click delete messages, the prompt comes out asking me to confirm if I want to delete, then when I click delete, nothing happens. The email is still there.
This happens to all the emails within this user's Pearl and only this particular Pearl has this problem.
His version is 126.96.36.199 and his BB is set to only Delete emails from Handheld only.
Did you try to pull out the battery, wait 15 seconds and reboot? Sometimes the Pearl gets in a state where you can't delete emails, but after a reboot this seems to get fixed.
Try this method
This happened to me once where some messages will not delete at all. I remember reading someone's post about removing offending messages as it is OS problem.
I am typing whatever I recollect. First and foremost backup your device. Once you have the backup in place.
1. Go to Advanced under Backup/Restore option thru Desktop manager.
2. Select 'Messages' under 'Device Database'
3. Hit Clear on the bottom, on follwing screen confirm that you want all messages to be deleted.
4. From Left box marked 'Desktop File Databases' copy 'Messages' back to your device.
5. Once you copy all the emssages back to your device you should be able to delete all the messages.
Let me know if this helped
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.