BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default email accounts on 8100

Please Login to Remove!

once an email is set up using the handheld, it appears in the menu. if i wanted to remove it from the phone is there a way ?

i've deleted and added my email accounts via tmobile, but i want to do it again from the handheld.

also, what does 'reconcile now' do ? not sure of what reconciling is with regard to email accounts on the device.
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Reconcile now really does nothing on BIS....

If you want to delete an email account from recieving on the device then go to Options >> Advanced >> Service Book and delete the book for that account. Reboot and it should be gone

Last edited by LunkHead : 04-15-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Reconcile now really does nothing on BIS....

If you want to delete an email account from recieving on the device then go to Options >> Advanced >> Service Book and delete the book for that account. Reboot and it should be gone
i deleted 2 email accounts from the phone but one still remains on it. i tried rebooting twice, it's still there....

is there another setting i need to check ? i deleted both email accounts online @ my t-mobile.
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

You deleted the service books and did a hard reboot? (pull battery for 30 sec)

If so, then log into your BIS account and delete them there, once that's done and you have the ones you want to keep, then resend service books...
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

first time i just powered down. then i thought i'd try pulling the battery. finally worked. thanks.

is there a way to do a hard reboot without pulling the battery ?
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Nope.... There is an app for a soft reboot, but for a hard reboot you want to pull the battery and leave it out for about 30 seconds....

Glad it's working for you!
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Model: 8130
PIN: 31B54365
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Nope.... There is an app for a soft reboot, but for a hard reboot you want to pull the battery and leave it out for about 30 seconds....

Glad it's working for you!
Actually, that's not entirely accurate...and let's clear up some terminology. A soft reset means you turn it off, then back on. You can do that by pulling the battery, or by using a free piece of software that resets the device for you without pulling the battery. Then there's a hard reset, which means you restore the device to factory configuration and lose all your data and applications you've installed. That's a whole 'nother process, that is done in the Security app under Settings.
__________________
--
Sprint 8130 (Amethyst)
Previous BBs owned: Nextel 7510, 7520, 7100i, Sprint 8703e, AT&T 8300
Offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaler80s View Post
Actually, that's not entirely accurate...and let's clear up some terminology. A soft reset means you turn it off, then back on. You can do that by pulling the battery, or by using a free piece of software that resets the device for you without pulling the battery. Then there's a hard reset, which means you restore the device to factory configuration and lose all your data and applications you've installed. That's a whole 'nother process, that is done in the Security app under Settings.
Not to start an argument with you, BUT.... You are incorrect! Resetting the device is commonly refered as a wipe....

It's all good, you call it it anyway you want....
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.