ERROR: Uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception
Anyone heard of it? First time ever for me. I'm running on version 184.108.40.206. I went into the phone by typing the first few letters of the contact, and this error showed up: Uncaught exception java.lang.illegalargumentexception.
I pressed OK, and all seems fine since then in the last few hours.
The last error i had was 3 mos. ago (Uncaught exception DSSMA: invalid state (5): 32) and the tech made me do a new OS install.
I get similar or the same message when I turn on my 8100. Maybe the latest OS still have bugs?
I don't know if you're thinking of the latest and greatest, which this isn't... I'm talking about the 220.127.116.11.
I just talked to Rogers tech support and they said it's not a fatal error unless I see it lots.
Whats a fatal error?
They aren't using fatal error in it's correct sense. A fatal error is an error which a thread/process/application cannot recover from and so crashes to an error. It has nothing to do with frequency but probably will have a common factor, either in data accessed or app. in use, circumstances leading up to etc.
What they mean is that they don't see it as service affecting unless you see it lots.
They are right in that it could have been arrived at through a fluke set of circumstances, if you consistently see it then look for a pattern and consider a backup, then device wipe and selective barebones reinstall. If you're still seeing it I'd redo the O/S and restore everything.
These things were sent to try us ;)
I do tech support for blackberry/pda devices and when you get errors like that you may want to think of updating the OS system on the pearl. Even if you already have the most recent software reinstall it. Once you've done that, it should take care of the problem. I had the same issue on my pearl when i first got it and after updating the OS, never had the problem again.
PS don't forget to do a backup and restore or you're gonna loose all your information.
I got this one trying to open up opera mini hit ok and it loaded opera fine after that.
Thanks for the help.
Now if that doesn't work you can always do a back up and restore. However i'm not sure about berry 411 because i have no idea what that is, if worst comes to worst you can just redownload google maps it's a faily simple and quick download.
Hope this helps!!
Its an error thrown by a method in the Java programming by the rim people. Since it is never caught (that is in a try-catch block) it shows up to the user. It is a bug in some piece of software. Die Java.
IllegalArgumentException (Java 2 Platform SE v1.4.2)
BTW, I've already upgraded my OS several listings up. So I know its the application not the RIM OS code. BTW, when you decide to upgrade you DON"T need to whipe the HH, you can just follow the instructions posted on this site frequent amount of time, the applications WILL present themselves to be checkable, if not already, for re-install with the new OS.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.