BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question HELP!! Quick Questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hi im new to the forum.
1)I just purchased my pearl with tmobile 3 days ago and noticed there is the ABC multitap sign infront of my signal (edge) in the top right hand corner and is really a when im trying to find my signal strength.
2) Is there anyway to change the auto dim feature because i want the phone to have full brightness 24/7. And how does it work?
3) Is there anyway to get free internet over my wireless home connection without the internet plan?

Thank in advance. I would appreciate any links to the answers and not just smart ass remarks in part of me not knowing the answers to these. Thank you.
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
snowskier79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,759
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1) Press the ABC multiap on the home ribbon and it will disappear
2) Options, Screen/Keyboard, and adjust the brightness. Keep in mind that it has a light sensor that adjust to the conditions though
3) No

Welcome to the forums!
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79 View Post
2) Options, Screen/Keyboard, and adjust the brightness. Keep in mind that it has a light sensor that adjust to the conditions though
Thanks. Well i know there is a sensor but i dont understand why when it is pitch black it sometimes goes dark as well when i want it to be bright.
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If you want better control over the screen light, search the Aftermarket forum for BBLight, gives you some options.
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Damn it, that stupid multi tap sign keeps popping back up

Last edited by and1auzzie : 04-20-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

also where can i download javaloader.exe, ive searched but nothing
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone?
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
secrecyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California, USA
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 1,238
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Why do you want Java Loader? (I don't know where to get it. I just curious why you want it.)
__________________
What OS are you using on the smartphone? Please vote! http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437055
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy View Post
Why do you want Java Loader? (I don't know where to get it. I just curious why you want it.)
To delete the predefined items like music, ringtones, pictures etc; to free up space for real music, ringtones and pictures. I think thats what its used for
Offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Model: 8320
PIN: 24492EC2
Carrier: why?
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can't you simply use the Desktop manager to delete those predefined apps, etc.?

Anyways, I think the javaloader.exe is included with the BlackBerry Java JDE which can be downloaded from: BlackBerry Developer Program

I'm sure you'll find it if you do a quick search on the blackberry site.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpvpn View Post
Can't you simply use the Desktop manager to delete those predefined apps, etc.?

Anyways, I think the javaloader.exe is included with the BlackBerry Java JDE which can be downloaded from: BlackBerry Developer Program

I'm sure you'll find it if you do a quick search on the blackberry site.
How do i delete this with the desktop manager? Just the ringtones and pictures. I dont have any apps
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default stop ABC mode from popping up

the one way i found for sure to stop it is
1 start a text
2 press menu
3 Select Suretype
4 back out but save the message
5 del blank message

this works and wont come back.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
snowskier79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,759
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1auzzie View Post
also where can i download javaloader.exe, ive searched but nothing
Go to my signature and click on JL_cmder, a simple dos app of javaloader.exe.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenangold2 View Post
the one way i found for sure to stop it is
1 start a text
2 press menu
3 Select Suretype
4 back out but save the message
5 del blank message

this works and wont come back.
thanks. so far its working. ill update you if anything changes.
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79 View Post
Go to my signature and click on JL_cmder, a simple dos app of javaloader.exe.
So how do i delete the predefined pictures and tones?
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
snowskier79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,759
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1auzzie View Post
So how do i delete the predefined pictures and tones?
Once you start up Jl_cmder go to command line usage. Here is a copy of the .txt file that it brings up documenting how to use the program. You will need to go to your command prompt to use the program for the functions you are wanting to do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt JavaLoaderUsage.txt (1.6 KB, 6 views)
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 01:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79 View Post
Once you start up Jl_cmder go to command line usage. Here is a copy of the .txt file that it brings up documenting how to use the program. You will need to go to your command prompt to use the program for the functions you are wanting to do.
any detailed explanation to delete just the pictures and ringtones? im a noob so it would help for me to understand this a little further
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1auzzie View Post
any detailed explanation to delete just the pictures and ringtones? im a noob so it would help for me to understand this a little further
check out this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post516004

i did this using the javaloader and got themes and a few other things deleted. i'm having trouble getting the preloaded mp3 and pics deleted though. might be due to the version OS i have (TIM Italy version)
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarrales View Post
check out this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post516004

i did this using the javaloader and got themes and a few other things deleted. i'm having trouble getting the preloaded mp3 and pics deleted though. might be due to the version OS i have (TIM Italy version)
where did you get the javaloader (link) because i cant get it to work with the JL_Cmder
Offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

nvm successfully worked it
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.