Originally Posted by Misiowiec
Anyone know if you can hide the company name showing after the contact? I have company data for many contacts, but I'd rather just see the names in my list - makes it less cluttered.
An alternative approach (that would not mess up your Outlook Contacts data) would be to change the field mappings used in the Desktop Manager Synchronization:
- Launch Destktop Manager
- Double-click on Synchronize
- Choose the Configuration tab
- Press the Configure synch... button
- Make sure Address Book <--> Microsoft Outlook is highlighted and press the Configure button
- Choose Advanced settings...
- Press the Field Mapping... button
- From the right-hand list under "Contacts" Microsoft Outlook, drag the Company Name item down to an unused Handheld field (like User Defined 1)
- Click OK/Close to close out all of the dialog boxes
The next time you synchronize your contacts, the company field from Outlook will be placed in the User Defined 1 field on your handheld -- and the company name field will remain in your Outlook company name field.
My 2 cents