Originally Posted by telrod11
I get the 734 PPP error every time. I have teh string just like yours, I've tried usernames and no user names. I'v etried *99#, and *99***1# as numbers; Is there some basic chnage that you have over the instructions that are found here?
I'd be very appreciative if you'd throw me some of that magic pixie dust...
If I could I would.
I had trouble getting mine to work yesterday after several months of trouble free use. I ended up deleting the dial-up connection and creating a new one(exactly like the previous one, with the same string). Why that fixed my problem I have no idea. I wish I could help you. I use Vista and I think an auto upgrade Microsoft did screwed something up.
Willie: I have yet to be charged for tethering, but then again, I do not abuse it and only use it lightly. If you use a BUNCH of data, then yeah, you're probably going to raise a red flag and draw attention to yourself. This month I used ~45MB of data via tethering and the internet via the device, combined.