BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
TheBigNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prescott, AZ
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.411
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 1,641
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Colorball stopped working

Please Login to Remove!

I bought that program when it came out. Now it's white when I use the phone. When I open the app to change the color it shows them correctly, but when I close it the ball is always white. Any thoughts?
__________________
BB 8900 Tmobile, Moto Droid Verizon
Offline  
Old 05-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Bennett5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 118
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm sure you have the timeout set so I would try a reset on the Pearl.
Offline  
Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
I bought that program when it came out. Now it's white when I use the phone. When I open the app to change the color it shows them correctly, but when I close it the ball is always white. Any thoughts?
Do you by chance also have the free version of the program installed [metsfan's program]?

When I had both, they conflicted and the trackball was white, no matter the settings.

After I uninstalled the free version, my Colour Your Trackball program [the $5 program] then worked.

Also, I notice on resetting the Pearl [using the free soft reset program] the trackball colour program did not work. I had to go back into the program and set it up. I noted that the program indicated it was "disabled," not sure why.

If none of the above applies, I would simply uninstall the program and reinstall it.

Sidenote: I like Colour Your Trackball better than the free version. Just thought I'd chime in since it has been trashed many times once metsfan's great free program came out. Guess it's not a surprise since people are always going to like free stuff over something one has to pay for.

Last edited by SanFrancisco : 05-28-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
TheBigNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prescott, AZ
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.411
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 1,641
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It works now. I shut it off/on and that did it. Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of $5 software programs???
__________________
BB 8900 Tmobile, Moto Droid Verizon
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
zoukis05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 89
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Sidenote: I like Colour Your Trackball better than the free version. Just thought I'd chime in since it has been trashed many times once metsfan's great free program came out. Guess it's not a surprise since people are always going to like free stuff over something one has to pay for.
Do you mind if I ask why? I hear all these great things about the free one, and not too many about the $5 one. I just want your opinion on the $5 one since I've read many of your posts, which happen to be very informative.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoukis05 View Post
Do you mind if I ask why? I hear all these great things about the free one, and not too many about the $5 one. I just want your opinion on the $5 one since I've read many of your posts, which happen to be very informative.
Edit per the critic: More vibrant colors and cycling feature.

Last edited by SanFrancisco : 05-29-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
It works now. I shut it off/on and that did it. Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of $5 software programs???
A member designated a "crackberry addict" does not know first to do a reset to see if that fixes the problem?! Or do you mean you shut the program on and off?
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
zoukis05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 89
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, I already followed your instructions and have my trackball blue with a sharpie so, I really have no need for either program. I was just curious. YOu could've stuck with more vibrant colors rather than going into all of that, but I appreciate your efforts.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
SanFrancisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco
Model: 9700
OS: XP, 7
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 2,345
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoukis05 View Post
Thanks, I already followed your instructions and have my trackball blue with a sharpie so, I really have no need for either program. I was just curious. YOu could've stuck with more vibrant colors rather than going into all of that, but I appreciate your efforts.
Well explaining things is my business, so I tend to support what I say. You could have just not read the post. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
zoukis05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 89
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Well explaining things is my business, so I tend to support what I say. You could have just not read the post. Sorry to have wasted your time.
No you didn't waste my time, I asked a question, and you provided me with an answer. I appreciate that, I just wasn't expecting such a detailed answer. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.