BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Pearl Music Questions

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering where on the internal memory to put an MP3 because no matter what I try, it wont show up, and also, is there anyway to bypass blackberry desktops 2.8mb limit?
Thanks!
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
GaryF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you are serious about adding music you need to consider an sd card. If you are using Destop manager > Media Manager you should see the internal memory on the right side of the screen?
__________________
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"...Bluto Blutarski...
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
If you are serious about adding music you need to consider an sd card. If you are using Destop manager > Media Manager you should see the internal memory on the right side of the screen?
Yes, im planning to go buy at least a gig next time i get to the store, yes, i am using media manager, it says that 25mb is available and the file size limit is 2.86mb. But what i was wondering was what folder to put it in, since, pictures, ringtones, and videos dont seem right.
Thanks!
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
GaryF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Once you add the sd card you can enable mass storage mode and your pc will see the BB as a removable drive - then you can drag and drop and copy and paste to your hearts content! Go for the 2g if you plan to add much - I was surprised hpw quick I filled up 1g!
__________________
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"...Bluto Blutarski...
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Model: 8100
PIN: 23FA4D95
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearltmo View Post
Yes, im planning to go buy at least a gig next time i get to the store, yes, i am using media manager, it says that 25mb is available and the file size limit is 2.86mb. But what i was wondering was what folder to put it in, since, pictures, ringtones, and videos dont seem right.
Thanks!
On both internal memory and SD card, there is a folder for music. The mp3 files have to be in one of those two folders in order for the media player to see them. If you place them anywhere else the player won't see them.
Offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: portland
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

the other day i bought the 1 gig and havent tryed to add music yet. so you just drag and drop?
Offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
LaTuFu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Model: 8100
PIN: 23FA4D95
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivido View Post
the other day i bought the 1 gig and havent tryed to add music yet. so you just drag and drop?
Yes. You can do it either with Media Manager in the DM, or by setting your phone up as Mass Storage so your PC sees it as another drive. As stated before, make sure you put them in the music folder so the phone will see them when you open the media player.
Offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mysmyrrh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Model: 8100
PIN: ask me
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
On both internal memory and SD card, there is a folder for music. The mp3 files have to be in one of those two folders in order for the media player to see them. If you place them anywhere else the player won't see them.
not true. if they are in the ringtone folder, you can most certainly play them. this is where you will have to load your music til you get your sd card. and also, DO NOT ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE. If you do, you will not be able to see your card in media manager. there is no need to drag and drop files. you can simply copy them over from the computer side to the sd card side. enabling mass storage is a bunch of whoo haw. I never have, except for one time. and what a pain in the ass it is.
__________________
If you can't bother to use the SEARCH function, why should I do it for you?
Offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
GaryF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysmyrrh View Post
not true. if they are in the ringtone folder, you can most certainly play them. this is where you will have to load your music til you get your sd card. and also, DO NOT ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE. If you do, you will not be able to see your card in media manager. there is no need to drag and drop files. you can simply copy them over from the computer side to the sd card side. enabling mass storage is a bunch of whoo haw. I never have, except for one time. and what a pain in the ass it is.
At the risk of the wrath of the mystress....I find the drag and drop much faster than the media manager process....to each their own!
__________________
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"...Bluto Blutarski...
Offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
mysmyrrh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Model: 8100
PIN: ask me
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 34
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (blackberry pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysmyrrh View Post
not true. if they are in the ringtone folder, you can most certainly play them. this is where you will have to load your music til you get your sd card. and also, DO NOT ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE. If you do, you will not be able to see your card in media manager. there is no need to drag and drop files. you can simply copy them over from the computer side to the sd card side. enabling mass storage is a bunch of whoo haw. I never have, except for one time. and what a pain in the ass it is.
At the risk of the wrath of the mystress....I find the drag and drop much faster than the media manager process....to each their own!
Ooh. You are risking incurring my wrath. And as my stable will tell you, that is a VERY dangerous thing to do. ;)
__________________
If you can't bother to use the SEARCH function, why should I do it for you?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.