BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/)
-   -   OK so I have searched... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/81307-ok-so-i-have-searched.html)

mazzel 06-14-2007 08:48 AM

OK so I have searched...
 
Guys I have searched google, this forum and pinstack and I am still unable to perform a downgrade in os. I am following the directions as best I can but I do not see anything to uninstall in control panel. I installed 4.2.2 of desktop manager and then installed .73 Cingular. I am currently running .94 rogers and I am suffering from some issues mentioned here mostly that during a call it goes silent and the other person cannot be heard and then they come right back and I have no idea what they said.

I do not know what else to do or what I am doing incorrectly. There are only two options available in my control panel....4.2.2 desktop manager as well as the new Cingular version. There is nothing listed in my RIM folder in Program files for Apploader or vendor.xml.

I'm really getting frustrated with this to the point where I just want to break the damn phone!

Please any and all assistance would be helpful. I have no idea what people keep saying by deleting the current os from control panel as I cannot find my .94 file ANYWHERE.

I have searched enough of the forums for me to finally feel the need for my own thread. Please guys, help!

parisot 06-14-2007 09:11 AM

Go to add and remove programs and remove the more current OS (.94)

mazzel 06-14-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parisot (Post 568204)
Go to add and remove programs and remove the more current OS (.94)

I can't find it...thats the problem. I don't know where it is. After I can find that if possible, I don't have the apploader file available under program files having loaded .73

parisot 06-14-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzel (Post 568217)
I can't find it...thats the problem. I don't know where it is. After I can find that if possible, I don't have the apploader file available under program files having loaded .73

You canít find what? Where add and remove programs is or where the OS is that you need to uninstall?

beyondalegend 06-14-2007 10:10 AM

Do a full backup using the desktop manager, that way it will save all contacts, sms, mms, email, etc.... Then do a full wipe from within your phone. Once you install the old OS, it should replace the previous one.

mazzel 06-14-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyondalegend (Post 568272)
Do a full backup using the desktop manager, that way it will save all contacts, sms, mms, email, etc.... Then do a full wipe from within your phone. Once you install the old OS, it should replace the previous one.


Are you talking about a full wipe from the handset. Won't they just delete all my applications, contacts and programs etc but not affect the software on the device?

JSanders 06-14-2007 10:33 AM

Try this, cleanest way to do it.
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

mazzel 06-14-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 568302)

No I will do a search on that program, will it restore it to .64 T-mobile?? What am I doing wrong on the pc though that I can't get the apploader file with program files? My problem seems to stem more from that than the handheld itself.

beyondalegend 06-14-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzel (Post 568295)
Are you talking about a full wipe from the handset. Won't they just delete all my applications, contacts and programs etc but not affect the software on the device?

Yeah, my bad!;-) Nevermind the full wipe. Use this http://www.blackberryforums.com/atta...-installer.zip As long as you do a full back up, this wont affect anything, unless the software is not compatible with the older OS.

John Clark 06-14-2007 10:42 AM

Once Desktop Manager is installed on the PC you can then install the OS versions to the PC as well. Simply download and install to the PC, then delete the vendor.xml file. For example, you purchase a new Pearl with 4.2.0.64. Then you see that a new update is available and you download and install 4.2.0.71 to your PC. You delete the vendor.xml and upgrade away. Then later you decide to downgrade back to 4.2.0.64. You simply go to Control Panel >Add Remove Programs and remove the 4.2.0.71 installation package. You then go to Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and.......nothing happens. What? You never had 4.2.0.64 installed to your PC. So now, you have no OS installed on the PC for loading to the BB. I hope this makes sense. HEre's what to do.

1. Make sure the latest version of Desktop Manager is installed.
2. Delete ALL other OS's from the PC under Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
3. Download and install whichever OS you are wanting to downgrade the BB to.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file
5. Plug in BB, Run DM/App Loader.

The Apploader will sense that a "downgrade" is sensed.

John Clark 06-14-2007 10:44 AM

You can use JL_Cmder to wipe the handset first but it is not required. The "downgrade" process has always worked fine for me.

beyondalegend 06-14-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 568313)
Once Desktop Manager is installed on the PC you can then install the OS versions to the PC as well. Simply download and install to the PC, then delete the vendor.xml file. For example, you purchase a new Pearl with 4.2.0.64. Then you see that a new update is available and you download and install 4.2.0.71 to your PC. You delete the vendor.xml and upgrade away. Then later you decide to downgrade back to 4.2.0.64. You simply go to Control Panel >Add Remove Programs and remove the 4.2.0.71 installation package. You then go to Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and.......nothing happens. What? You never had 4.2.0.64 installed to your PC. So now, you have no OS installed on the PC for loading to the BB. I hope this makes sense. HEre's what to do.

1. Make sure the latest version of Desktop Manager is installed.
2. Delete ALL other OS's from the PC under Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
3. Download and install whichever OS you are wanting to downgrade the BB to.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file
5. Plug in BB, Run DM/App Loader.

The Apploader will sense that a "downgrade" is sensed.

;-) (y) (y) (y)

mazzel 06-14-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 568313)
Once Desktop Manager is installed on the PC you can then install the OS versions to the PC as well. Simply download and install to the PC, then delete the vendor.xml file. For example, you purchase a new Pearl with 4.2.0.64. Then you see that a new update is available and you download and install 4.2.0.71 to your PC. You delete the vendor.xml and upgrade away. Then later you decide to downgrade back to 4.2.0.64. You simply go to Control Panel >Add Remove Programs and remove the 4.2.0.71 installation package. You then go to Desktop Manager and run Application Loader and.......nothing happens. What? You never had 4.2.0.64 installed to your PC. So now, you have no OS installed on the PC for loading to the BB. I hope this makes sense. HEre's what to do.

1. Make sure the latest version of Desktop Manager is installed.
2. Delete ALL other OS's from the PC under Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
3. Download and install whichever OS you are wanting to downgrade the BB to.
4. Delete the vendor.xml file
5. Plug in BB, Run DM/App Loader.

The Apploader will sense that a "downgrade" is sensed.

I have tried this and I cannot find the .94 to uninstall. Listed in my control panel I ony have .73 and the desktop manager, v 4.2.2 and thats it. I do not have an apploader option available in program files nor a vendor.xml file. This is where my problem is stemming, that I do not have these options. What can I do? What do I need to wipe to be able to get the apploader installed?

This is driving me insane.

ZeroKool 06-14-2007 11:02 AM

Uninstall and reinstall the desktop manager and the new OS.

Try a different PC.

John Clark 06-14-2007 11:04 AM

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in moton\apploader and delete the vendor.xml if it isn't deleted already.

Then simply plug in the BB and run Desktop Manager and Application Loader.

John Clark 06-14-2007 11:06 AM

If you can't find the .94 to uninstall then it's probably already gone. Just follow the instructions I posted.

mazzel 06-14-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroKool (Post 568339)
Uninstall and reinstall the desktop manager and the new OS.

Try a different PC.

I tried that as early this morning, cleaning the desktop to the best of my knowledge. However I have no idea how to where to delete the .94 software on my PC.

I'm missing something somewhere, I was able to upgrade there is no reason I should be able to downgrade, what am I missing?

mazzel 06-14-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 568345)
If you can't find the .94 to uninstall then it's probably already gone. Just follow the instructions I posted.

I have tried my friend. I cannot get the apploader files to appear. I do not know what I am missing. I must be missing a step after deleting everything and reinstalling both desktop manager and the .73 cingular handheld software.

Help me Mr Clark!

John Clark 06-14-2007 11:25 AM

mazzel.......
Please just follow the instructions I posted. If .94 is not showing up then it's not on the PC. Just to be sure you can go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\ and delete the folder for .94.

Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your computer. This will also remove any OS packages as well.

Install the Desktop Manager back to your computer.
Install whatever OS you want on your device.
Delete the Vendor.xml (again)
Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader.

mazzel 06-14-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 568374)
mazzel.......
Please just follow the instructions I posted. If .94 is not showing up then it's not on the PC. Just to be sure you can go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\ and delete the folder for .94.

Uninstall the Desktop Manager from your computer. This will also remove any OS packages as well.

Install the Desktop Manager back to your computer.
Install whatever OS you want on your device.
Delete the Vendor.xml (again)
Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader.

I do not have the folder you are referring too. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I have followed your steps to a "T" and no os folder comes up to load in program files. Nor does any "shared" folder.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.