I don't think we're talking about the same thing. This is what I'm talking about
Originally Posted by Kradest.com
How To: Backup Blackberry OTA and 3rd party applications
I just upgraded to the TIM Italy OS for the Pearl. My phone became a little sluggish so I decided to wipe it completely. but I didn't want to lose my OTA Apps. So I had to figure out how to back those suckers up.
You have to have the latest desktop manager 4.2.
1. While your blackberry is plugged in, select "Switch Device Wizard"
2. Select "Switch Blackberry Devices"
3. Select ok and ok again for your pin. Then it will scan your blackberry.
4. Under "Device Backup" make sure only "Third-party applications" is selected.
5. When the files copy to the desktop, you can then navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\(USER NAME)\Local Settings\Temp\(YOUR PIN).
or on Windows Vista
6. Save this folder elsewhere for backup purposes.
7. Kill the wizard and wipe your blackberry.
8. Once the operating system is re-installed load up apploader
9. In apploader select load, and then navigate to that folder you created, in there should be (YOUR PIN).alx. Load it..
10. Viola! your apps are now listed in Apploader, and ready to load.