BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A second battery backup

Please Login to Remove!

Is there a better option other than buying a second battery for backup? If so, what are the options for the BB Pearl? Now, if I decide to buy the extra battery for backup, do I fully charge the battery and then just keep it somewhere until I need it? Or do I have recharge the backup battery every now and then?
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
BBGregPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 419
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygod View Post
Is there a better option other than buying a second battery for backup? If so, what are the options for the BB Pearl? Now, if I decide to buy the extra battery for backup, do I fully charge the battery and then just keep it somewhere until I need it? Or do I have recharge the backup battery every now and then?

Use the search button. If you can't find the answer there then ask the question.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've searched this forum for "battery backup" and "battery" and nothing relates to my question appear. I checked the bbfaq site and found something about alternative ways to second battery; however, it's not real specific and it didn't answer the question of if I buy a second battery, do I fully charge it once until I use it or do I have to recharge the battery every now and then even if never use it?
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
BBGregPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 419
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygod View Post
I've searched this forum for "battery backup" and "battery" and nothing relates to my question appear. I checked the bbfaq site and found something about alternative ways to second battery; however, it's not real specific and it didn't answer the question of if I buy a second battery, do I fully charge it once until I use it or do I have to recharge the battery every now and then even if never use it?
Here is the thing. I have never had a back up battery for a blackberry but I do have tons of phones laying around the house and they did have a full charge on them when I switched phones. If I were to go get one and turn it on, the phone will probably not turn on.

ie. Just grabbed my T-Mobile MDA doesnt turn on. When I stopped using this phone it had a "FULL CHARGE". Does that answer your question?
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not sure what you're trying to say. I dont' have tons of phones laying around. The only thing I asked about a second battery is in the case of if when I'm traveling.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
BBGregPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 419
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygod View Post
Not sure what you're trying to say. I dont' have tons of phones laying around. The only thing I asked about a second battery is in the case of if when I'm traveling.
If you let your battery sit without using it or anything it will eventually go dead.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Posts: 61
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

li-ion batts should be stored fully or partially charged. i have a spare batt for my pearl and fully charge it before setting it aside for if/when i need it... though it seems that i generally don't. if you get the second batt, just pop it in the charger every month or so to keep it topped off.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Thanks for the answer. So then that means the battery does not maintains its charge once it's fully charged. I have to recharge every so often then.

Thanks agains.
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would think you would only need an extra battery if you were traveling around a lot
Offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 43
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Thanks for all your responses. At this stage, it's more of informational for me.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.