BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Making Video's for BB Pearl 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, someone please give me some instructions.
I am using BB video converter.
I use Alpha dog.avi and converted it to the highest res.320*240.
I saved it first to my computer then copied it to my phone.
I am getting an error when the movie starts to play.
"Error playing - An error has occurred attempting to play media"
Any suggestions please.
Offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 360
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCaN View Post
Ok, someone please give me some instructions.
I am using BB video converter.
I use Alpha dog.avi and converted it to the highest res.320*240.
I saved it first to my computer then copied it to my phone.
I am getting an error when the movie starts to play.
"Error playing - An error has occurred attempting to play media"
Any suggestions please.
Have you upgraded to the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager? SP2? It comes with Roxio to manage your media. When I drag and drop video it is automatically converted to the right type and resolution for my device. When I drag music, it automatically converts it to the right bit rate, and when I do pics, they are automatically resized as well. All of the behavior can be changed though, you can adjust quality, sizes, or whether or not they are even converted. Nice and easy.
Offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus View Post
Have you upgraded to the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager? SP2? It comes with Roxio to manage your media. When I drag and drop video it is automatically converted to the right type and resolution for my device. When I drag music, it automatically converts it to the right bit rate, and when I do pics, they are automatically resized as well. All of the behavior can be changed though, you can adjust quality, sizes, or whether or not they are even converted. Nice and easy.
Right on bro, i'm going to get it now.
I did however get it working but it takes quite some time.
I'll upgrade no matter what. Thanks again
Offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 360
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCaN View Post
Right on bro, i'm going to get it now.
I did however get it working but it takes quite some time.
I'll upgrade no matter what. Thanks again
Get the desktop working? Or get your video converted? At any rate the roxio thing is perfect. It automatically does it for you. And ... Your welcome!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.