Originally Posted by LimeArrow
I just bought mine and it took up to 7 minutes to tranfer 388MB of music.
I'm thinking this is a little slow, or is this normal?
It depends on a lot of factors.
1. The Pearl connected to a PC and using Windows Explorer is SLOW, not as slow as DM, but still slow. This is because the Pearl's USB port is NOT USB 2.0, as far as I know.
2. To remedy this, take out the chip, put it into your SD adapter, place the chip into a USB 2.0 reader and transfer files that way [using Windows Explorer].
3. Don't ever use DM to transfer files, it will take too long.
4. If using a reader, make sure it is a verified USB 2.0 device. Many readers say they are 2.0, but they are not. All that is 2.0 is the graphic on the device saying it's 2.0
5. At times, if your PC has been running all day, the memory can be bogged down resulting in slow performance of, for example, file transfers. Reboot your PC twice a day to get things up to speed, so to speak.
Bonus Comment: The Pearl 2 is rumored to have an external MicroSD slot. One of the benefits of such is that it will not be a hassle to remove the chip and place it in a reader for file transfers. Current Pearls require removal of the battery, etc., to do the above. A hassle indeed.