I just recently got my BB 8100. Jippie! I would like to use 3rd party applications (opera, FreeRange, GoogleMaps), but I run into a weird problem.
Here is the situation:
- I am on a BES
- I have third party applications installed which I would like to use...
Here is what I do:
- I open a 3rd party application. It can not open a connection to the internet.
- However, if I first go to the blackberry browser and go to any webpage, I am asked for a password. I enter my personal company internet password, and I can surf using the browser
- If I THEN go to one of the 3rd party applications, it works like a charm.
- However, it stops working after a few hours, and I have to go to the browser again, open the home page, and then it works again...
Entering the same information in advanced > TCP/IP (my blackberry apn & my username & password) does not solve the issue.
Here is my question:
* Can I do something to circumvent the fact that I have to go to the browser to enter my credentials?
* Can i make my blackberry ask for the credentials even in a 3rd party application?
* Can I make the time for the password to timeout longer?
Thanks in advance for your help,