Modem to modem (not internet) dialing but not connecting
Please Login to Remove!
I try to use my blackberry as a modem to connect to another modem (not to the Internet!).
My success so far:
- connected blackberry 8100 via USB, blackberry desktop manager running
- blackberry modem is set up and known to my windows XP
- Windows XP modem diagnosis can connect to blackberry modem - diagnosis is OK
- dial up networking is set up to use modem - ok
- When using dial up networking to connect to remote modem, number is dialed and phone connection is established (blackberry is dialing and getting a phone connection to the modem - blackberry display shows outgoing call screen)
- I can hear the other modem trying to negotiate a connection (the typical chirping (?) sound).
Here's the problem:
- the blackberry modem is not negotiating with the remote modem. In fact the blackberry is not sending a single beep. It's just listening to the remote modem, with gives up after about 20 seconds and hangs up. Blackberry shows call-ended-screen. Windows will wait another 40(?) seconds an throws an error message.
- The modem log indicates (its german, so my translation may not be 100% accurate)
[some normal initializing stuff]
08-03-2007 13:59:26.297 - Sending: AT<cr>
08-03-2007 13:59:26.307 - Receiving: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
08-03-2007 13:59:26.307 - Interpreted answer: OK
08-03-2007 13:59:26.307 - Dialing
08-03-2007 13:59:26.317 - Sending: ATDT############<cr>
08-03-2007 14:00:26.323 - Timeout while waiting for an answer
08-03-2007 14:00:26.323 - Modem hung up
08-03-2007 14:00:26.323 - Modem hung up after DTR-Signal.
08-03-2007 14:00:26.323 - CD-Signal terminated, cause DTR-Signal is down.
08-03-2007 14:00:27.324 - Timeout while waiting for an answer
08-03-2007 14:00:27.334 - Sending: ATH<cr>
08-03-2007 14:00:27.344 - Receiving: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
08-03-2007 14:00:27.344 - Interpreted answer: OK
08-03-2007 14:00:27.344 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=0, rtsctl=1