BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation whats PTT on the blackberry?

Please Login to Remove!

whats PTT(push to talk) whats that....??


i don't know what that is..can anyone tell me..plz
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Rolo1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore/DC
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There is a button called "SEARCH" that works wonders at the top of this site.

When I type in "PTT", viola! I get this...

sprint/nextel and PTT BB
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo1971 View Post
There is a button called "SEARCH" that works wonders at the top of this site.

When I type in "PTT", viola! I get this...

sprint/nextel and PTT BB
okay, i need to know what PTT is work exactly. anyone?
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

unless your provider has the service, it cant be used
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
unless your provider has the service, it cant be used
yes, but what is that?? is it like to chat or something..? tell me like, the point. sorry. im dumb with these stuff haha
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

its like a walkie talkie for your phone.........
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
canonbomb1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 978
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

From your info it seems as though you have Cingular as your service provider. Cingular/ATT are trying to take down Nextel by having PTT (push to talk). Much like nextel phones (walkie talkie) PTT enables you to turn your phone into a walkie talkie on steroids. You can get a hold of some one instantly by picking their number and saying something, just like with a walkie talkie. The only catch is the other person has to have PTT enabled as well. So if you are the only one who has PTT among your contacts, it is pretty much useless. Does that help?
__________________
Unlocked 8100c w/ 1 gb microSD, BSE total body skin, and rubberized case or silicone skin.
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
From your info it seems as though you have Cingular as your service provider. Cingular/ATT are trying to take down Nextel by having PTT (push to talk). Much like nextel phones (walkie talkie) PTT enables you to turn your phone into a walkie talkie on steroids. You can get a hold of some one instantly by picking their number and saying something, just like with a walkie talkie. The only catch is the other person has to have PTT enabled as well. So if you are the only one who has PTT among your contacts, it is pretty much useless. Does that help?

yes, alot. THANK YOU!! =)
Offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
canonbomb1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 978
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotanblackberrypearl View Post
yes, alot. THANK YOU!! =)
Glad i could help.
__________________
Unlocked 8100c w/ 1 gb microSD, BSE total body skin, and rubberized case or silicone skin.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.