BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mexico
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Youtube videos on your blackberry you can now!

Please Login to Remove!

I think I should get a reward for this but it is great. On your Blackberry even Blackberry Pearl 8100.

1. Goto the Youtube page on your BB.
2. Copy the link to the movie you want to watch.
3. Goto this great and wonderful page: 3gptogo (On your blackberry)
4. In this page paste your video from Youtube and than click CONVERT
5. Than the page says "wait a few minutes and fresh page" Well do so and it works great just fresh and download with your great unlimited internet and watch the videos. No need of a PC now. Just your great blackberry.

HAVE FUN ALL. REMEMBER 3gptogo
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Actually i should get the reward since im the one who developed the service. This is how it got started:

How to watch Youtube videos on a Blackberry device

Regards!
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mexico
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
Actually i should get the reward since im the one who developed the service. This is how it got started:

How to watch Youtube videos on a Blackberry device

Regards!
Like I said thanks again: Juan Xavier Larrea I saw that with your name there. Thanks again

Just trying to help with your get work.
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for sharing it too!
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waukegan, IL
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 679
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Interesting. I'll have to test it out.
__________________
Blackberry Veteran
"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

goodness, the BBP is going to steal my life away-- chess, suduko, music, videos, radio stations and now youtube?
Offline  
Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
iPhone Mod!
 
zerog46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a House
Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold
Posts: 6,752
Post Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Have not yet been able to get it to work.
__________________
Life is not holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Have not yet been able to get it to work.
Dude, you gotta paste the video url in the textbox.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waukegan, IL
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 679
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Works perfectly but only for short videos. Anything large will timeout.
__________________
Blackberry Veteran
"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bryanparke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 55
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so far i was able to get videos that were about 3MB after converted to the mp4 format. great tool, so fun. thank you.
__________________
Bryan Parke
Verizon Curve 8330
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFreak View Post
Works perfectly but only for short videos. Anything large will timeout.
That would be caused by your operators download limit. Over here i can download files up to 10MB.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Rolo1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore/DC
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you need more memory on the BB (ie 1-2gb micro sdcard)? Or can i just play with my current memory which is standard right out of the box?

Thanks,
Rolo
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waukegan, IL
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 679
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo1971 View Post
Do you need more memory on the BB (ie 1-2gb micro sdcard)? Or can i just play with my current memory which is standard right out of the box?

Thanks,
Rolo
You can play them just fine but if you want to save them you will need an sd card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
That would be caused by your operators download limit. Over here i can download files up to 10MB.
I'm not complaining ;) The quality and variety is way better than tinytube IMHO. All I do is find the videos I want on my desktop and email the youtube urls to my BB.
__________________
Blackberry Veteran
"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org

Last edited by BBFreak : 09-07-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Posts: 111
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFreak View Post
I'm not complaining ;) The quality and variety is way better than tinytube IMHO. All I do is find the videos I want on my desktop and email the youtube urls to my BB.
Actually the reason why i created this service is because i never got tinytube to work on my BB 8300.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BBFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waukegan, IL
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.167
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 679
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
Actually the reason why i created this service is because i never got tinytube to work on my BB 8300.
Glad you did
__________________
Blackberry Veteran
"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
goodness, the BBP is going to steal my life away-- chess, suduko, music, videos, radio stations and now youtube?
what chess game do you use? I am looking for a good one.
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
djxedxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: A-Town PA
Model: 9530
OS: .109
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 352
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok maybe someone can tell me if I'm doin some thing wrong. I go to youtube.com and find a video out the cursor over the video link. Then hit the options button where it gives ya a bunch of stuff to pic from click on link address which gives me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfnAQ...) which looks just like the sample he has in the text box already. Then click copy address go to 3g site given paste in the text box http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfnAQ... And hit convert. Everytime no matter which video I try it says invalid URL ? When I go to youtube com it takes me to the mobile version of it is this right? Even so I clicked classic veiw and tried from there and still the same thing ???
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Rolo1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore/DC
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I deleted the text that was in the box THEN you paste your video link THEN you hit "Convert".

It worked for me! I am stoked!
Rolo
Offline  
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
djxedxd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: A-Town PA
Model: 9530
OS: .109
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 352
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

[quote=Rolo1971;659603]I deleted the text that was in the box THEN you paste your video link THEN you hit "Convert".

ya so did i the sample video will work for me but when i try the other way it goes duh
Offline  
Old 09-08-2007, 04:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
iPhone Mod!
 
zerog46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a House
Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold
Posts: 6,752
Post Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
Ok maybe someone can tell me if I'm doin some thing wrong. I go to youtube.com and find a video out the cursor over the video link. Then hit the options button where it gives ya a bunch of stuff to pic from click on link address which gives me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfnAQ...) which looks just like the sample he has in the text box already. Then click copy address go to 3g site given paste in the text box http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfnAQ... And hit convert. Everytime no matter which video I try it says invalid URL ? When I go to youtube com it takes me to the mobile version of it is this right? Even so I clicked classic veiw and tried from there and still the same thing ???
I'm having the same problem.
__________________
Life is not holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.