BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default extra message security?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I searched the forums for a little bit off my phone but couldn't find anything conclusive.
I am looking for either a program or settings to add some more security to my messages, I hid the icons already and made the left side key the short cut but I want something where I have to enter another password to access my messages I tried the content compession and what not but that didn't do the trick... Any recomendations or am I sol?
Tia
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,876
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Settings -> Options -> Security Options -> General Settings.

Enable the password and set whatever password you want to have on the device.

Can't password protect specific apps, only the entire device.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's all or nothing on the BB.... Either enable it for everything on the phone or just keep your girl away from the phone or better yet don't get or send messages that you don't want them to see!

Good Luck!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
It's all or nothing on the BB.... Either enable it for everything on the phone or just keep your girl away from the phone or better yet don't get or send messages that you don't want them to see!

Good Luck!

E-
Someone needs to develop an app that puts the phone on "Drunk" mode so that way I cant send the wrong texts to the wrong people, or call my gf's house phone instead of her cell phone.
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymee View Post
Someone needs to develop an app that puts the phone on "Drunk" mode so that way I cant send the wrong texts to the wrong people, or call my gf's house phone instead of her cell phone.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Maybe instead of Wifi and GPS they will enable to breathalyzer!!
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the main phone lock turned on but just thought that maybe there was something I'm missing or not seeing the option anywhere, oh well I am pretty good about locking my phone but its when I forget that someone always is interested in my phone and they usually check my messages, I had some one ask me where my message icon was today and it ticked me off how people are so nosey just wanted a little extra incase they somehow found it, and its not that I am hiding something its just annoying. Lol maybe I should learn how to code and make a program.
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

And maybe you should tell that person to respect you and stay out of your things. Otherwise, always keep it on ya!

And make sure you have a backup...if you have someone that nosey odds are when it's locked they will take a few guesses at your password. 10 times and your phone is blank.....

Good luck!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
AlexKidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afizzle View Post
I have the main phone lock turned on but just thought that maybe there was something I'm missing or not seeing the option anywhere, oh well I am pretty good about locking my phone but its when I forget that someone always is interested in my phone and they usually check my messages, I had some one ask me where my message icon was today and it ticked me off how people are so nosey just wanted a little extra incase they somehow found it, and its not that I am hiding something its just annoying. Lol maybe I should learn how to code and make a program.
Or get better friends.

--Kidd
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

DELL 725-10284 / 331-2839 / W5RPF Lamp manufactured by DELL
$201.64
DELL 725-10284 / 331-2839 / W5RPF Lamp manufactured by DELL pictureLOT OF 3 OEM Dell printer TONERS FOR 3110CN/3115CN CT350448 CT350449 CT350450
$269.99
LOT OF 3 OEM Dell printer TONERS FOR 3110CN/3115CN CT350448 CT350449 CT350450 pictureOEM Dell Imaging Drum Kit 1320Cn 2130Cn 2135Cn 2150Cn 2150Cdn 2155Cn NEW SEALED
$99.99
OEM Dell Imaging Drum Kit 1320Cn 2130Cn 2135Cn 2150Cn 2150Cdn 2155Cn NEW SEALED picture ****** NEW OEM Genuine Dell PowerConnect 2608 8 port ethernet switch **********
$16.99
 ****** NEW OEM Genuine Dell PowerConnect 2608 8 port ethernet switch ********** pictureDELL 725-10263 / 331-1310 / KT74N Lamp manufactured by DELL
$217.54
DELL 725-10263 / 331-1310 / KT74N Lamp manufactured by DELL picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.