Software For BlackBerry® Kickstart (TM) 8220 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.521 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 184.108.40.2061
- Applications: 220.127.116.11
- Software Platform: 18.104.22.168
- File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel281_PL22.214.171.124_A126.96.36.199_..exe
- File size: 87.97MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Instructions for installing on ANY
carrier's 8220 (make sure the device is not plugged into the PC before installing
1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed. DM version 4.6 is recommended. If you don't already have it installed you can download it using the link below: BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ
2. Download the OS file listed above from here
to the PC then install it to the PC by double clicking the file.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB (make sure you're connecting directly to the pc--no hubs) and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
For the previous OS version click here. Note For Advanced Users Only: If you plan on deleting the cod file for pre-installed media your exterior LCD will not function correctly. This does not pertain to people doing normal installs. You will not be effected.