10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Display and Input Chinese on T-mobile BB8320
Please Login to Remove!
Just got the new bb8320 from T-mobile and of course it did not support Chinese. I have pretty heavy email traffic in that language and it became quite inconvenient. I did the following steps and now I can view and input Chinese on my blackberry.
1. Download the Latest OS: BB 8320 126.96.36.1991/188.8.131.52 Hong Kong CSL
If you want to view and input in Chinese, please download the Chinese
version, otherwise go for the multi language version which supports most of
the Far Eastern languages
2. Install the OS file onto my computer
3. Remove the network provider's identification (not sure the jargon but
plenty of threads available on how to do that. Basically just remove a .xml
file and you will be set)
4. Connect the handset and run the desktop manager.
5. There will be pop up saying some upgrade and follow the instruction.
6. When selecting the items, please remember to check Chinese input and display.
7. After the installation, your Blackberry should be able to display and input Chinese.
8. However, you need to reactive your enterprise account if your blackberry is connected to a corporate email account like me. Just contact the IT helpdesk of your company, and follow their procedures.
9. One minor issue I encountered is the browser problem. I can receive emails both from corporate and personal account smoothly after the reactivation. But I was not able to use the browser/google map for a couple of days.
10. There two solutions: the easy one is to go to Options, Advanced, Browser and use T-mobile browser for web browser. Then you have to bear with the T-mobile homepage but can start the surf the internet.
11. The other option actually requires some work at the server side. I am not sure how the IT professionals in my company solved that but they did get it solved like in two days.
12. Now the only remaining issue I have is that people can view the email originated from me in Chinese. However if I reply to an email in Chinese, the characters I inputed will not be displayed properly. Haven't figured out how to solve that but think that is not a big issue.