11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Post Thanks: 151
Thanked 149 Times in 124 Posts
The link works for me. Here is the info from the link since you can't seem to open it:
How do I reset my message counter to clear, or zero?
Jump to: navigation, search
If you have an errant voicemail waiting icon on your homescreen:
* Call your voicemail and clear the message.
* Call your BB from another line and leave a message. From you BB, call your voicemail and clear and delete your messages.
* If the aboave fails, pull your battery to reset and reboot your BlackBerry.
If you have a rogue New Message icon on your Homescreen, or a negative count (-1), any one of these solutions could clear it, or reset it to zero:
Try these options:
* Hard Reset the BlackBerry by pulling battery while powered and reboot;
* View Messages > Saved Messages;
* View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc);
* Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN;
* Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.)
* Wipe and reload your OS.
Last edited by jsconyers : 11-05-2007 at 11:29 AM.