BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 8300/8310 Decision

Please Login to Remove!

I am in the process of selling my current phone (MotoRazr2 V9) to buy a Red BB 8310 as part of an upgrade from AT&T...or trade the V9 for an almost-new BB 8300. I really want another BlackBerry Curve...and will get one either way...but it might be nice to save my upgrade for something newer that might come down the pike from RIM in the near future.

Aside from the Red color (which I really like), and the GPS (which I will use very little if any)...is there any reason to spend the extra money on the 8310 vs. the 8300? I mean, really...is there any build quality differences or performance upgrades overall? I have had an 8300 before and loved it...

I'm just trying to make the right decision here. Thanks!!
Offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
FSUFAN1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Pierce/Okeechobee, Florida
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.247
Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Posts: 92
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Only different is the color's and the GPS! Only you can make the decision...........Good Luck On Your Choice!!

Matt
Offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
FSUFAN1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Pierce/Okeechobee, Florida
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.247
Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Posts: 92
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The only difference is the color's, and the GPS. Only you can make the choice............Good Luck!

Matt
Offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
mike_187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: US and A
Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 794
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and if you really like the red you can buy the housing on cnn.cn for less the 20 bucks i think
__________________
-MC-

Last edited by mike_187 : 11-11-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
davistld01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO.
Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 842
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_187 View Post
and if you really like the red you can buy the housing on cnn.cn for less the 20 bucks i think
Just the red faceplate & lens combo is available, but without the logo-plate and rear cover...


8310 - BlackBerry, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, Alcatel, Motorola, BenQ-Siemens, Mobiado, Do
Offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
luc-mobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brazil
Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've read right here in this forum that the 8310 is able to use the full capacity of 6Gb and 8Gb SDHC cards. The 8300 isn't.
Offline  
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
numetheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 551
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
I am in the process of selling my current phone (MotoRazr2 V9) to buy a Red BB 8310 as part of an upgrade from AT&T...or trade the V9 for an almost-new BB 8300. I really want another BlackBerry Curve...and will get one either way...but it might be nice to save my upgrade for something newer that might come down the pike from RIM in the near future.

Aside from the Red color (which I really like), and the GPS (which I will use very little if any)...is there any reason to spend the extra money on the 8310 vs. the 8300? I mean, really...is there any build quality differences or performance upgrades overall? I have had an 8300 before and loved it...

I'm just trying to make the right decision here. Thanks!!
The only reason I never picked up the 8300 when it came out was that I felt it was cheaply made. The build quality between the 8300 and 8310 is different.
__________________
Numetheus
The crazy Filipino!!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
BryanHarig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.94
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 1,112
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post
I've read right here in this forum that the 8310 is able to use the full capacity of 6Gb and 8Gb SDHC cards. The 8300 isn't.
Nope. I just tried my 8310 with an 8gb microSD card. It had the same problems it does in the 8300. Once the newer operating system 4.3.1 is available for the Curve larger cards should work. (hopefully!)

I think you are thinking of the 8130, which can use the larger cards.
Offline  
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
The only reason I never picked up the 8300 when it came out was that I felt it was cheaply made. The build quality between the 8300 and 8310 is different.
I felt this way too about the 8300. When I went to the AT&T store to try it out it felt kind of flimsy to me. The 8320 I have from T-Mobile definitely seems more solid.
Offline  
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
luc-mobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brazil
Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
Nope. I just tried my 8310 with an 8gb microSD card. It had the same problems it does in the 8300. Once the newer operating system 4.3.1 is available for the Curve larger cards should work. (hopefully!)

I think you are thinking of the 8130, which can use the larger cards.
Yes, you are right. It's the 8130 I had in mind.

I can't get over the companies' obsession with naming their products after numbers. Why can't they use names that we can easily remember and distinguish from others, like Apple's Lisa? Well, Ubuntu does that, but then they come up with such ludicrous names that I would even be embarrassed to use them. I hope this year marks the beginning of a long and healthy trend with the Pearl, the Curve, the MotoQ, the Kaiser, the Blackjack etc.
Offline  
Old 11-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
dirtypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: N33d38.7334' W112d3.3598'
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.110
PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T
Posts: 357
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

8310 all the way. Screw having to carry some gps dongle around, better to have it in the phone!
__________________
BlackBerry Addict - Thanks to my BB I have no time for sleep.
[Stinsonddog's BB Tips] [Streaming Sirius] [BlackBerryFAQ Tips] [Themes4BB] [Videos4BlackBerry] [BlackBerryComplete]
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.