BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default can someone help me trouble shoot my email...it wont receive

Please Login to Remove!

So I just picked up a curve yesterday. I set up a tmo.blackberry email account, a gmail account and another account for my personal domain (xxx@discourseclothing.com).

The BB email and gmail both send and receive better then I expected (I came from the dash and sidekick 3).

My third account for [email address] (hosted through GoDaddy.com) was set up and I can send messages, although I can not Receive any.

This is what I have done so far;
1. I called Customer support,
2. Re sent service books
3. deleted and re installed the email account
3. re booted and took the battery out

Still nothing comes into the account, but it sends fine...anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix it?
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

oh yeah im on a BIS service
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
paulbblc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm assuming you were/are able to receive these emails on a pc. If not there is probably issues with GoDaddy. It sounds as if you have done everything you can. I for the life of me cannot figure out why you are not able to receive, however can send from that account.

Anyone else want to chime in on this one? I'm stumped.

P.S. Good looking line, where are you based out of?
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
I'm assuming you were/are able to receive these emails on a pc. If not there is probably issues with GoDaddy. It sounds as if you have done everything you can. I for the life of me cannot figure out why you are not able to receive, however can send from that account.

Anyone else want to chime in on this one? I'm stumped.

P.S. Good looking line, where are you based out of?
im out of seattle..thanks for checking it out...
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: Z10
OS: 10.1.0.19
Carrier: Fido
Posts: 1,068
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Setting Up Email on Your BlackBerry - Help Center—Knowledge Base and FAQ
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Zimplifier.com
Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?
Posts: 361
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you absolutely sure you have the proper Outgoing SMTP settings on the BIS page? When you set it up, fudge the password and let it install the program and auto config from outlook.

This is the only thing I can think of, I too have go daddy for a personal site and found it trial and error setting my personal email addy up.

I won't go into what I think of go daddy's email, but to say just one thing, IMO, their limitations on the regular email plan suck!
__________________
Magnum - Themes & More
9000 [Bold] v4.6.0.185 - Current
8300, 8700c, 7100g, 5810 - Laid to rest

Last edited by Magnum : 11-21-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Are you absolutely sure you have the proper Outgoing SMTP settings on the BIS page? When you set it up, fudge the password and let it install the software and auto config from outlook.

This is the only thing I can think of, I too have go daddy for a personal site and found it trial and error setting my personal email addy up.

I won't go into what I think of go daddy's email, but to say just one thing, IMO, their limitations on the regular email plan suck!
the email server when I check tmo site is
Email server: rimimap.secureserver.net
server type: IMAP
Port:143
SSL: unchecked

is this what you have for your godaddy acct?
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I saw this on their site but when i go to
step 1. From an Internet browser, log on to your BlackBerry account.

Where do i do this? through Tmobile? through another site I dont know of?

because This setup they show is very different from the Tmo set and the set up on the device
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Zimplifier.com
Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?
Posts: 361
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goughjustin View Post
the email server when I check tmo site is
Email server: rimimap.secureserver.net
server type: IMAP
Port:143
SSL: unchecked

is this what you have for your godaddy acct?
No.

Your's is POP3 right? Where's the IMAP coming from?

For your go daddy email it should be like "pop.secureserver.net".

Like I said, if your outlook works for send and receive, delete the email in BIS, start to re-add it, fudge the password and let it auto-config.
__________________
Magnum - Themes & More
9000 [Bold] v4.6.0.185 - Current
8300, 8700c, 7100g, 5810 - Laid to rest

Last edited by Magnum : 11-21-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have no idea what this means, i dont use outlook on my computer, i just log in at email.secureserver.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Like I said, if your outlook works for send and receive, delete the email in BIS, start to re-add it, fudge the password and let it auto-config.
I think go daddy just announced a few days ago that their email works seamlessly with blackberry's now and they added IMAP... at least when i type in google I get about 500 press releases announcing how easy go daddy is to use now as of Nov. 15th...

sorry im new to BB world... i was trying out a WM6 dash and it was HELL
and before that I had the simplicity of a sidekick 2 and 3

Last edited by goughjustin : 11-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Zimplifier.com
Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?
Posts: 361
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goughjustin View Post
I saw this on their site but when i go to
step 1. From an Internet browser, log on to your BlackBerry account.

Where do i do this? through Tmobile? through another site I dont know of?

because This setup they show is very different from the Tmo set and the set up on the device
I'm on att, but maybe t-mo is:

How do I set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail using a My T-Mobile Account?
__________________
Magnum - Themes & More
9000 [Bold] v4.6.0.185 - Current
8300, 8700c, 7100g, 5810 - Laid to rest
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
those screens are not even available to me...haha
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Mexico
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.55
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,461
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey : 12-24-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If someone suggested a change at godaddy relating to email I would suggest deleting and re-adding the account to see if RIM detects the changes.

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,020
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 778 Times in 740 Posts
Default

Make sure in your PC email client that you have "Leave Mail on Server" checked. Otherwise, once the mail is downloaded to your PC, it will be deleted from the email server and not able to be sent to the BB. Sounds like that might be the problem.

I use godaddy for my company hosting/email and have no problems at all.
Offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Make sure in your PC email client that you have "Leave Mail on Server" checked. Otherwise, once the mail is downloaded to your PC, it will be deleted from the email server and not able to be sent to the BB. Sounds like that might be the problem.

I use godaddy for my company hosting/email and have no problems at all.
i dont use outlook on my PC. if i do check it i go to the website email.secureserver.net....


so i dont think that is my problem
Offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,020
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 778 Times in 740 Posts
Default

Under the Advanced Tab for that account in BIS:

What do you have as the email server? It should be something like mail.yourdomain.com

Account type should be POP3

Port should be 995

I do not have an outgoing email server. I use whatever ATT/RIM have configured for BIS.
Offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

I had the same problem last night with my Curve. I did everything you did, except calling Cust. Support becase they never know anything, After a few hours of troubleshooting and wiping my berry many times and reinstalling everything...I realized what it was.

In one of the set up steps (before the email set up bit-which is stupid because this step has everything to do with email on your BB but you wont know it does from the way the question is asked) it asks you a very important but easy to misunderstand question about your PIN info. I realized when you choose to not update your PIN to the new device you run into the same trouble you are having. It ask you something like adding your device to a PIN you wont recognize; Intuition would tell you to answer no and keep your regular PIN and device set up the way it normally is so that you could get email on your new Berry. But the question is worded so wrong and when I realised that I needed to answer "yes" to accept new device and new PIN I ended up being taken thru a series of prompts that lead me to setting up the email correctly.

I'm not sure if that is of any help. But just a thought.
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I had the same problem last night with my Curve. I did everything you did, except calling Cust. Support becase they never know anything, After a few hours of troubleshooting and wiping my berry many times and reinstalling everything...I realized what it was.

In one of the set up steps (before the email set up bit-which is stupid because this step has everything to do with email on your BB but you wont know it does from the way the question is asked) it asks you a very important but easy to misunderstand question about your PIN info. I realized when you choose to not update your PIN to the new device you run into the same trouble you are having. It ask you something like adding your device to a PIN you wont recognize; Intuition would tell you to answer no and keep your regular PIN and device set up the way it normally is so that you could get email on your new Berry. But the question is worded so wrong and when I realised that I needed to answer "yes" to accept new device and new PIN I ended up being taken thru a series of prompts that lead me to setting up the email correctly.

I'm not sure if that is of any help. But just a thought.
how do i do this set up? do i need to wipe my device? if so...how?
im really knew at using the berry
Offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,020
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 778 Times in 740 Posts
Default

With the wrong PIN and IMEI, email wouldn't show up on the device, so that could be the problem.

Log on to the BIS account and over on the left side you should see Settings and Change Device. Click change device and enter the PIN and IMEI from your device.

The resend the service books and pull the battery.

Does that work?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.