Phone is losing data connection with Opera Mini
So I installed Opera Mini 4 through the USB and it has been causing a serious headache. It works great for a couple minutes then it loses connection and I get an error message. When I exit out, it affects all of my other programs such as Google maps and even the blackberry internet browser. They all just sit im limbo and can't connect. If I turn the phone off and back on it usually fixes the problem.
Does anyone else have this problem with Opera Mini or know how to fix it? Also what protocol do you set your Opera Mini to - Socket or HTTP? When the software actually does work it is really impressive! Too bad it shuts down my data connection......
I have a Curve 8310 on AT&T network
Update: After losing connection while using opera mini, I did diagnostic testing (Options --> Data Services --> Diagnostic Tests --> Run) and I get the following results:
ICMP Ping Echo: No
Blackberry Registration: No
Connected to Blackberry: No
Once I turn off/on my phone those specific fields will all say "yes" again.
Is this a stupid question or something? I posted this same question in the opera forums and haven't gotten any responses.....
Try configuring your service provider generic APN through options->Advanced options->TCP. That worked for me.
go to the operamini site from on your desktop then look for support; they maintain a list of APN settings for most carriers there; i've had connection issues until i found out from their support site that i need to use the INTERNET APN setting for my network; i had only previously used the WAP APNs but they did not work with operamini
try to type "proxy" under APN settings and no UN/PW; i got this off here
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.