Need a little help and I figured this would be the place to go.
I have my work email account running through the Internet Service. I logged in, entered the address, and a message came up that said the email account was successfully added. That was four days ago. Nothing has popped up on my phone since then, and I've had to run the account through the desktop redirector, thus eliminating attachments.
My office doesnt have the Enterprise Server, so Internet Service is my only option. I am hoping someone can tell me why the account would be listed as active but nothing comes through to the phone. I've tried deleting it and re-adding it several times to no avail.
Login to your BIS site and check that the account is still validated. If so, start with a hard reset on the device (battery pull while the device is on). Log back into the BIS site and Resend Service books.
Do a battery pull. Let the device reboot and log into the bis account and resend service books. See if a new mail folder shows for your work email. If it does not go to menu, options, advanced, host routing table, menu, register now. Wait a few moments and do another batter pull.
If your company utilizes a Microsoft Exchange Server for internal use only, you can't properly add that BIS information to your phone without it being globally accessible. Your admins would set that up. If they are using Exchange, they would have to have a BES for proper access so it would forward from the internal Exchange, to the BES, to your phone.
Perhaps you are downloading all of your email to Outlook and it is deleted from the server before RIM can find it.
If that is the issue, edit your email accounts in Outlook and go tot he Advanced tab and click "Leave Messages On Server" and then select a number of days (I use 3 days, but that is just me. If that is the problem, you shoudl start to get email in 15-20 minutes or so.