BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

T-Mobile routers only. We have D link at home and Linksys (3 of them) at each of our businesses. All of them are T-Mobile. We replaced our Wifi Routers when we had issues with the original phones.

Rick
Offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
bbtitanium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey
Model: 8320
PIN: 243908BB
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What is common with all of your replacements?

I am having a similar rebooting issue, after receiving my replacement, on the second day it rebooted during phone calls. I am having the battery replaced and will update this post after I have a chance to break the new battery in. Have you replaced the battery?

Last edited by bbtitanium : 04-01-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: correction to question
Offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
king machete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Model: 8320
PIN: 243BD7DA
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 78
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've had similiar problems like that with my 8320 on T-Mobile USA, and it only happened when i had my bluetooth headset paired with the 8320.
__________________
~King Machete~

BlackBerry 8320 Curve
Offline  
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC
Model: 8900
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 88
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've only had my for 5 days. Usually it works fine, but the past day or 2 I notice it does randomly reboot. Once while on a call, and again just now as I was looking at it, I noticed it rebooting. It took over 2 minutes for it to finally initialize again.

Faulty phone or faulty OS? Should I call TMO for a replacement? My 8700g never had this problem in almost 2 years of use.
Offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy BB rebooting

I also have this issue.. well not me but 3 of my users all on 8700C AT&T..
all different OS...
I actually updated one and it still had this problem....

Luckily one was under warranty but the other 2 I had to get new devices for the users..

Don't see any rhythm or reason for it . Any one with updated information ??

MJ
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
dmead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The OC
Model: EVO
OS: COBOL
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,199
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am on the phone with RIM now after having spent an hour with T-Mobile for this very issue. I have one i can't get to stay on long enough to do anything with. I'll post back what comes of this conversation.
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
dmead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The OC
Model: EVO
OS: COBOL
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1,199
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Fdisk Format Re-install doo daa doo daa

:whistle:
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,638
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My old phone did this on UMA and eventually started rebooting while just sitting on the desk. It eventually died. The warranty swap phone I received only does this using UMA with my Verizon Fios router. I run a Linksys behind the Fios router so it is fine now. I'm running OS 4.2.2.184.

If the phones are being exchanged, with no change in behavior, check anything that is consistent from phone to phone. Such as:

Wifi router
Other devices like bluetooth headsets, or 2.4gz cordless phones used nearby
SIM card
Media card
Battery
OS
Offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Resolution -Curve shuts down/reboots

I have been having this issue for 4 weeks now. I troubleshooted w/RIM and my cell carrier w/no assistance. Below are the scenarios I have explored:

Blew away the SIM card and replaced w/new card
Tried new number and SIM
Used various phones/PDA
Deleted WIFI and restarted
Replaced battery w/new
Verified UDP port 500 & 4500 were not blocked (signals sent for UMA)
Tested many other wireless networks in 30 mile radius
Updated OS on BB

Once I exhausted scenarios, I set up 3 different routers:
Netgear
Linksys WRT100 Range Plus
Linksys Wireless G Broadband

Matched settings to all three routers while simutaneously running 2 different devices (one of which had experienced issue and one that had not). Both devices experienced rebooting only on one router, WRT100.

My determination, the WIFI settings on the BB Curves are not compatible with the WRT100 RangePlus router and is not strictly related to one carrier as earlier expected.

IF you have experienced a different resolution, I'm open to other alternatives. I'm not sure what is differnt with the WRT100 as opposed to the Wireless G--this would be an issue to trouble shoot with the manufacturer, which I was not willing to devote more time to.
Offline  
Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC
Model: 8900
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 88
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOPEFUL View Post
I have been having this issue for 4 weeks now. I troubleshooted w/RIM and my cell carrier w/no assistance. Below are the scenarios I have explored:

Blew away the SIM card and replaced w/new card
Tried new number and SIM
Used various phones/PDA
Deleted WIFI and restarted
Replaced battery w/new
Verified UDP port 500 & 4500 were not blocked (signals sent for UMA)
Tested many other wireless networks in 30 mile radius
Updated OS on BB

Once I exhausted scenarios, I set up 3 different routers:
Netgear
Linksys WRT100 Range Plus
Linksys Wireless G Broadband

Matched settings to all three routers while simutaneously running 2 different devices (one of which had experienced issue and one that had not). Both devices experienced rebooting only on one router, WRT100.

My determination, the WIFI settings on the BB Curves are not compatible with the WRT100 RangePlus router and is not strictly related to one carrier as earlier expected.

IF you have experienced a different resolution, I'm open to other alternatives. I'm not sure what is differnt with the WRT100 as opposed to the Wireless G--this would be an issue to trouble shoot with the manufacturer, which I was not willing to devote more time to.
I have a Linksys cable modem w/a belkin wireless router and I was having the same reboot problem. I just switched my curve to a new one before my 14 day window was up. I've only had my new curve a day, but so far it seems to reboot less(that I notice). Keep us posted.
Offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This shut down thing started happening to me recently too. I was on the phone with my friend who was lost and my phone died. I removed the battery and reinstalled it many times but the curve wouldn't completely boot. I thought it was the battery so I rushed to a computer store and bought a automobile charger. I plugged in the charger and the curve worked. I looked at the battery status and it was 75%. This happened again this morning after the battery had been charging all night and was at 100%. I plugged in the automobile charger after again trying to take out the battery and put it back in several times. After I put in the automobile charger it worked.
Offline  
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king machete View Post
I've had similiar problems like that with my 8320 on T-Mobile USA, and it only happened when i had my bluetooth headset paired with the 8320.
I have an 8310 and am experiencing the same issue (reboots only seem to occur when paired to my Motorola H670 headset) BTW - I am on AT&T

Last edited by domtvedt : 07-10-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: adding to the reply
Offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so anybody have a fix to this problem?
Offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
chrisbimmermd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile / 4.2.2 OS
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmead View Post
Fdisk Format Re-install doo daa doo daa

:whistle:
has nothing to do with that I already tried that
Offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
chrisbimmermd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile / 4.2.2 OS
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOPEFUL View Post
I have been having this issue for 4 weeks now. I troubleshooted w/RIM and my cell carrier w/no assistance. Below are the scenarios I have explored:

Blew away the SIM card and replaced w/new card
Tried new number and SIM
Used various phones/PDA
Deleted WIFI and restarted
Replaced battery w/new
Verified UDP port 500 & 4500 were not blocked (signals sent for UMA)
Tested many other wireless networks in 30 mile radius
Updated OS on BB

Once I exhausted scenarios, I set up 3 different routers:
Netgear
Linksys WRT100 Range Plus
Linksys Wireless G Broadband

Matched settings to all three routers while simutaneously running 2 different devices (one of which had experienced issue and one that had not). Both devices experienced rebooting only on one router, WRT100.

My determination, the WIFI settings on the BB Curves are not compatible with the WRT100 RangePlus router and is not strictly related to one carrier as earlier expected.

IF you have experienced a different resolution, I'm open to other alternatives. I'm not sure what is differnt with the WRT100 as opposed to the Wireless G--this would be an issue to trouble shoot with the manufacturer, which I was not willing to devote more time to.
has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the router!
Offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
chrisbimmermd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile / 4.2.2 OS
Posts: 38
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
My old phone did this on UMA and eventually started rebooting while just sitting on the desk. It eventually died. The warranty swap phone I received only does this using UMA with my Verizon Fios router. I run a Linksys behind the Fios router so it is fine now. I'm running OS 4.2.2.184.

If the phones are being exchanged, with no change in behavior, check anything that is consistent from phone to phone. Such as:

Wifi router
Other devices like bluetooth headsets, or 2.4gz cordless phones used nearby
SIM card
Media card
Battery
OS
has nothing to do with that either!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.