BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   LED Color-Flash Question On 8310 Curve.... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/114801-led-color-flash-question-8310-curve.html)

Anthony569 01-27-2008 12:38 AM

LED Color-Flash Question On 8310 Curve....
 
*N00b alert*

Is there a setting on Curve 8310 that prevents the flash from going back from red to green after a few minutes re: unread emails, texts, etc?

Not sure if this is standard-fare, but it's happening on my Curve.

I'll get a standard text, a BB msg or email and my device reverts to a green flash after x amount of time passes if I haven't read/checked the new incomings.

I'd prefer to keep unreads on a red-flash till I manage to get around to them so I know I owe someone a response about what's likely a 99% likely-insignificant topic anyway.

Still....

Thanks,
Anthony

Cory Scheuer 01-27-2008 12:46 AM

i believe after 15 mins it will go back to green, there is a program out there that will continue to alert you till you read it... search bbalert and i believe that is it

Anthony569 01-27-2008 12:53 AM

Thanks alot, I'll check that out.

Doesn't make sense to me that the default is a revert to green when someone's banging red on your BB door and not going away till you open it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer (Post 812828)
i believe after 15 mins it will go back to green, there is a program out there that will continue to alert you till you read it... search bbalert and i believe that is it


rocky999 01-28-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony569 (Post 812826)
*N00b alert*

Is there a setting on Curve 8310 that prevents the flash from going back from red to green after a few minutes re: unread emails, texts, etc?

Not sure if this is standard-fare, but it's happening on my Curve.

I'll get a standard text, a BB msg or email and my device reverts to a green flash after x amount of time passes if I haven't read/checked the new incomings.

I'd prefer to keep unreads on a red-flash till I manage to get around to them so I know I owe someone a response about what's likely a 99% likely-insignificant topic anyway.

Still....

Thanks,
Anthony

I believe BlackBerry Alerts will solve this for you.

Trowski 02-19-2008 02:05 PM

Interesting. My 8310 doesn't switch to green if I don't pick up the message. I use AT&T also.

dragoro 02-19-2008 02:30 PM

Me as well. I've never even seen it blink green, only read.

greggebhardt 02-19-2008 02:35 PM

If you have the green coverage LED blinking green to tell you that you have coverage and you get a call or email, the green coverage LED will blink RED instead of green for about 15 minutes and then revert back to green to indicate coverage.

Arfe you people telling me that if the coverage LED is in the off mode and you get a call of email, your device blinks RED untill you read the email or look at your message?

Andi 02-19-2008 04:03 PM

I have my green coverage LED off and my device only blinks red for the 15 minutes after a message or call comes in...

greggebhardt 02-19-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi (Post 842087)
I have my green coverage LED off and my device only blinks red for the 15 minutes after a message or call comes in...

That is was it is surposed to do!

I was thinking some were saying it kept blinking RED until you checked the msg. This just does not happen unless you use BBAlerts

trasher40 06-22-2008 03:46 AM

lol.my LED its blue!!I love it!!weird?
 
hello evryone

i have a curve 8310 from at&t that i bought 6month ago, and my led its blue and red when i get a text,or misscall etc....I love it but im very curious if anybody has it in blue too??or maybe any people can do that??
Any body have any answer? 8-)

Ulukia 06-22-2008 04:36 AM

I have a 8320, it has Red/Blue/Green LED colors.

greggebhardt 06-22-2008 07:27 AM

Blue is for Bletooth. Turn off Bluetooth and you will only see red and green


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.