BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Groton
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.174
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Yahoo! Go problems

Please Login to Remove!

I have reinstalled this application many times. It works for a week or two and then I get e33 error. I have to uninstall the software and then reinstall for it to work. Does anyone know how to resolve this. I like the app but I'm getting tired of uninstalling and installing it again.
Offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem....I would love to figure this one out also.
__________________
8320 - Tmobile

Looking to upgrade....

San Diego.
Offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
funkyp56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: iPhon
OS: 3.1.2
PIN: iPhones have no PIN
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 257
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicelebBerry View Post
I have the same problem....I would love to figure this one out also.
they have a yahoo Go 3 beta , give that a try, works on my 8820
__________________
BES 5.0.0.137 w/30 Users
Network Admin
Offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Groton
Model: 8320
OS: 4.5.0.174
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I tried the beta one. Still get the same error. Thanks anyway.
Offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,720
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBerry-T View Post
I tried the beta one. Still get the same error. Thanks anyway.
I'm curious. Have you tried a hard reset when you get the error? Just wondering if you really must uninstall and reinstall to correct the error.
__________________
- Ira
Online  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,638
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I'm curious. Have you tried a hard reset when you get the error? Just wondering if you really must uninstall and reinstall to correct the error.
Before I banished Yahoo Go permanently, I tried all kinds of things including a hard reset to get rid of the e33 error, and it didn't do anything. After an uninstall, all was good in the world again.
Offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,720
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
Before I banished Yahoo Go permanently, I tried all kinds of things including a hard reset to get rid of the e33 error, and it didn't do anything. After an uninstall, all was good in the world again.
Interesting . . . I was just curious. Also, I admit I'm not a heavy user of Yahoo Go. Have used it all along and just installed the new beta when it became available for the 8700. But I haven't ever had any errors. Maybe it would be different if I used it a lot or had it running all the time. Maybe it's the difference in model and/or operating system. Just curious.
__________________
- Ira
Online  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,638
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Interesting . . . I was just curious. Also, I admit I'm not a heavy user of Yahoo Go. Have used it all along and just installed the new beta when it became available for the 8700. But I haven't ever had any errors. Maybe it would be different if I used it a lot or had it running all the time. Maybe it's the difference in model and/or operating system. Just curious.
I think the error is unique to the 8320. I actually liked the program, but it was a little large, and as soon as the error started, there was no compeling reason to keep it.
Offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,720
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
I think the error is unique to the 8320. I actually liked the program, but it was a little large, and as soon as the error started, there was no compeling reason to keep it.
Yes, it is still a beast. And it really lags on my wife's pearl. Funny if it is an 8320 issue. (Not funny ha ha; but funny peculiar.)
__________________
- Ira
Online  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.