BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 22
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default When on phone, no email and bb msgs

Please Login to Remove!

I m newbie.... pls bare w/ me.

I found when i m on phone, all email and bb msgs stop coming. When i finish my call, as soon as i pressed the end button, all email and bb msgs comes again and all at the same time. Is this normal? Can i have them (phone, bbmsgs, email) all connected and use at the same time.

Thx bb buddies....
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The phone is not capable of simultaneous voice and data transmission. When you are on a call voice in priority, when you end the call data will resume.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 22
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thx. Would it be nice to talk to your wife on the phone, chat w/ your gf on bb msgr and email the possible all at the same time.

trying to load test my bb curve. Thx for the quick reply.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
pegb856's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NE Indiana
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.119
PIN: Head
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 226
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_hui888 View Post
Thx. Would it be nice to talk to your wife on the phone, chat w/ your gf on bb msgr and email the possible all at the same time.

trying to load test my bb curve. Thx for the quick reply.
Oh just SMS the girlfriend while on the phone with the wife!
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Same discussion here.
email while talking
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
dstrauss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 72
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
Oh just SMS the girlfriend while on the phone with the wife!

Right - and you'll end up just like JSanders avatar!
__________________
The "P" in PDA stands for "personal" as there is no one right device for everyone.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Model: 8900
PIN: 24aa7bfa
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 325
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_hui888 View Post
I m newbie.... pls bare w/ me.

I found when i m on phone, all email and bb msgs stop coming. When i finish my call, as soon as i pressed the end button, all email and bb msgs comes again and all at the same time. Is this normal? Can i have them (phone, bbmsgs, email) all connected and use at the same time.

Thx bb buddies....

Unless you are on UMA or UMTS. UMA allows same time data and voice.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: atlanta
Model: 8310
PIN: 242729AE
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default You must be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_hui888 View Post
Thx. Would it be nice to talk to your wife on the phone, chat w/ your gf on bb msgr and email the possible all at the same time.

trying to load test my bb curve. Thx for the quick reply.
you must be unemployed cuz i tried having all those special friends at once and aint enough hours in the day to manage even one woman let alone 3.
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 22
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Haha, I have many jobs. I m load testing my bb and myself. Haha. Thx guys. I love the ppl here. So friendly unlike my gfs...
Offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_hui888 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Haha, I have many jobs. I m load testing my bb and myself. Haha. Thx guys. I love the ppl here. So friendly unlike my gfs...
i am no shrink, but this MIGHT be the cause of your issues
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.