BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8310 rebooting during calls-AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I am having my 8310 reboot during calls. I have a 2gb Sandisk card in it. I wonder if that is the reason, it has ringtones and music on it. My previous Razr phone was also rebooting on it's own, so I thought maybe Sim Card, but changing that has not helped. I am on AT&T. Has this rebooting issue been an issue with the 8310 Curve? Just funny that I got rid of my Razr thinking it had gone bad because of the rebooting and now the Blackberry is doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

Bob
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
psyct1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearl City, HI
Model: iPhon
OS: iPhone3.0
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 315
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb1921 View Post
I am having my 8310 reboot during calls. I have a 2gb Sandisk card in it. I wonder if that is the reason, it has ringtones and music on it. My previous Razr phone was also rebooting on it's own, so I thought maybe Sim Card, but changing that has not helped. I am on AT&T. Has this rebooting issue been an issue with the 8310 Curve? Just funny that I got rid of my Razr thinking it had gone bad because of the rebooting and now the Blackberry is doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

Bob
i had the same thing happen to me 2 times a few months ago with my 8310, a battery pull cured my problem...

i would not imagine it had anything to do with the SD card... However, you say you changed the SIM card, did you do it through an at&t corporate store? if not try that, it should be free or like $9.00...

Also, try pulling your battery for roughly 20-30 seconds every few days or so, not EXACTLY sure what it does besides a nice "refresh" and possibly allow for any other carrier specific info to be passed to the phone...
__________________
-Cliff
Semper Marine
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 71
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Where do you live?
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
psyct1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearl City, HI
Model: iPhon
OS: iPhone3.0
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 315
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulerdoish View Post
Where do you live?
Me? I live in Northern VA, why do you ask?
__________________
-Cliff
Semper Marine
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulerdoish View Post
Where do you live?
I live in Orange County, CA. Have had the rebooting issue for the last few months, first with Razr, then with Blackberry. Blackberry is only a month old. I did have sim card changed thru AT&T store.

Thanks,

Bob
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
psyct1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearl City, HI
Model: iPhon
OS: iPhone3.0
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 315
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb1921 View Post
I live in Orange County, CA. Have had the rebooting issue for the last few months, first with Razr, then with Blackberry. Blackberry is only a month old. I did have sim card changed thru AT&T store.

Thanks,

Bob
Is the reboot a frequent occurrence? If it continues after doing a "hard reset" (pulling the battery for 20-30 seconds) then I'd contact at&t since your device has a 1 year warranty.
__________________
-Cliff
Semper Marine
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyct1 View Post
Is the reboot a frequent occurrence? If it continues after doing a "hard reset" (pulling the battery for 20-30 seconds) then I'd contact at&t since your device has a 1 year warranty.
Yes, too frequent for me to like. It did did right out of the box, but since then I have also added some apps. Seems to be about the same with or without the apps. I will probably check with AT&T, just hate to reload the apps. Hopefully easy with the Blackberry software on PC. I'm beginning to think it is me since I have had two different phones start to do it.........just bad luck on my part???? It even did it once today while in Yahoo To Go app, just using the trackball and it rebooted.

It is just a pain to be on the phone then all of a sudden nothing - then wait up to two minutes for the reboot to take place. So much for technology.

Bob
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,020
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 778 Times in 740 Posts
Default

My 8800 tends to do that on the car charger when it approaches 100%. Not sure why though. Still trying to troubleshoot and sort through it all.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
My 8800 tends to do that on the car charger when it approaches 100%. Not sure why though. Still trying to troubleshoot and sort through it all.
My situation baffles me. I can talk forever on some calls, and then usually when it reboots on a call it is within the first minute. Just when I think it is gone, it happens again. It has happened yesterday and today on a call, then once today just using the trackball scrolling in Yahoo Go. But the other night I was browsing Internet all night and it worked perfectly. So not sure what to do at this point. It is backed up so I guess I could try and exchange it. That may be what I do since problem as I have read in other posts (got some time to search) seem to be just as varied as mine. And it seems most times solved by replacing phone.

Bob
Offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb1921 View Post
My situation baffles me. I can talk forever on some calls, and then usually when it reboots on a call it is within the first minute. Just when I think it is gone, it happens again. It has happened yesterday and today on a call, then once today just using the trackball scrolling in Yahoo Go. But the other night I was browsing Internet all night and it worked perfectly. So not sure what to do at this point. It is backed up so I guess I could try and exchange it. That may be what I do since problem as I have read in other posts (got some time to search) seem to be just as varied as mine. And it seems most times solved by replacing phone.

Bob
Well, I finally gave up and had 8310 replaced (under warranty), got new one from AT&T and had it for a week now and no problems. Not one reboot during any calls. So must have been phone. Maybe combination of old sim card and new phone did something to first phone??? The new phone they sent has had only new sim card and works great with all the same software installed. Life is good again

Bob
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.