just switched over from Treos.. few questions
This forum seems like a great place.
I have been a Treo-Palm user for as long as I can remember and I just switched firms and they made me ditch my treo and buy a palm.
It is very different so far.
A few dislikes right off the bat:
it is hard to switch from ringer to vibrate, have to go through all kinds of menus, treo had a little switch on top so if you walk into a meeting, just flip the switch. this thing, have to go to the speaker icon, advanced, etc.
anyhow, a few newbie questions:
1. How do you see more than 2 days of phone call logs?
The only way I found is to put them into the messages folder, but that is messy and confusing enough already, it doesn't need zillions of calls in there.
2. How do you easily get back and forth to vibrate/ringer (above) without all the menus?
3. I am on the enterprise server and it syncs over the air, like the treo did. so far it works great, better than treo. however, I went to sync at home computer too and it wouldn't let me. Is there a way to also sync with the wire so I have a copy of contacts and calendar on my home computer as well as the office?
4. How do see the battery strength? (not the picture but a number)
5. Is there a way to auto lock after a phone call, it is ridiculous having to wheel to the lock every time lol.
6. Speed dial list? I did find there is one, but have no idea how get it up quickly. Also, it appears you can only have one number for each letter?
Most of my other questions I found using search or are not important enough.
thank you for your help.
First, welcome to the BBForums.
Switch to vibrate: There is no need to go to Profiles > Advanced. You should be able to simply go to Profiles > Vibrate. If you enable "Homescreen Shortcuts" you can simply tap F for Profiles > V to vibrate and the enter key to enable.
Home Screen Shortcuts - BlackBerryFAQ
or, Set your side convenience key to Profiles (Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left or Right side convenience key).
1. Messages > Alt + P
2. see above
3. Set "Wireless Reconcile = OFF" at Messages > Options > Email Reconciation.
4. Options > Status (set homescreen shortcuts and only tap "O" > Status.
5. Enable homescreen shortcuts, tap "K"
6. Phone Dial screen > Menu > View Speed Dial List > Select the letter > Menu > New Speed Dial > select Address Book entry > select number.
Welcome to BBF Heat00!
thank you all.
I'm trying to understand all of this but it looks good lol
this is like trying to learn a new language all at once :)
Heat--I'll agree that the BB learning curve is steep. I think it is quite intuitive, but it is not a Treo.
Ask back more questions as you have them. My best advice would be for you to download Stinsonddog's Tips from my sig below, and read those and practice them as you use the device--you will be amazed.
what does "email reconcile Off" do?
will that allow me to sync at home with the wire too, without disturbing my over the air email/syncing?
is there a way not to have to press "alt" P to see my call log, ie have it there all the time?
what key is the "esc" key?
I'm reading this now, thanks for the link and help
Email reconcile off will allow you to sync your home outlook contacts and calendar to your BB... Remember to turn it back on for wireless reconcile back to your office.
Your most recent 20 calls show in the log under the Phone Dialer screen and the full call log will show as I described.... those are your choices.
Escape key = key right of the trackball.
just tried that and it still gives the error message" cannot sync contact, calendar because they are set for wireless sync", even with email reconcile off.
I just want to be sure I have a back up of most importantly contacts and it is nice also to have all my contacts on home outlook as well as the office.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.