BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington State
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation 8300 Curve For TMobile's Modem Not Responding?

Please Login to Remove!

Howdy,

Newbie here .. followed all of the steps to get my blackberry to act as a modem, but when I query it, it says it's not responding. The drivers are there as far as I can tell, I have 4.2 version of desktop manager installed, and everything else seems to be in order except the modem not responding.

Help a sista' out?
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jack55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 269
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofdog00 View Post
Howdy,

Newbie here .. followed all of the steps to get my blackberry to act as a modem, but when I query it, it says it's not responding. The drivers are there as far as I can tell, I have 4.2 version of desktop manager installed, and everything else seems to be in order except the modem not responding.

Help a sista' out?
Hey! I'm from WA!

Do you have your desktop manager turned on the desktop? It won't run without that running on your desktop.
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington State
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack55 View Post
Hey! I'm from WA!

Do you have your desktop manager turned on the desktop? It won't run without that running on your desktop.

Yes, I had it running .. it's weird .. everything else was fine, but for some reason it's not responding. My desktop was up and running the whole time.
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jack55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 269
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofdog00 View Post
Yes, I had it running .. it's weird .. everything else was fine, but for some reason it's not responding. My desktop was up and running the whole time.
Just double checking before we move on... is this what you have running on your desktop?

New BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.3 Available for Download from Vodafone!?! | CrackBerry.com
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jack55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 269
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Read these two posts/threads of when I had my problem and see if they help you:

HOWTO: BlackBerry As Modem For Laptop closed?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...a-service.html
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

EG&G PARC 115 Wide Band Pre Amplifier
$181.88
EG&G PARC 115 Wide Band Pre Amplifier pictureVintage Analog Devices Data Book - Design-In Reference Manual 1994 - Amplifiers
$19.88
Vintage Analog Devices Data Book - Design-In Reference Manual 1994 - Amplifiers pictureHP 11975A MICROWAVE AMPLIFIER
$149.0
HP 11975A  MICROWAVE AMPLIFIER pictureApplied Motion Products SV7-Q-RE Servo Driver 5000-162
$199.88
Applied Motion Products SV7-Q-RE Servo Driver 5000-162 pictureYASKAWA CONVERTER VS-656 MR5, 200V 3PH 11KW, MULTI AXIS DRIVE SYSTEM SERVOPACK
$700.0
YASKAWA CONVERTER VS-656 MR5, 200V 3PH 11KW, MULTI AXIS DRIVE SYSTEM SERVOPACK picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.