BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/)
-   -   type/read chinese on 8320? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/129629-type-read-chinese-8320-a.html)

ff216 05-13-2008 02:32 PM

type/read chinese on 8320?
 
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Forward: found by running BB OS Checker:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
=========

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.338 (Chinese)
Package Version: 4.2.2.338
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.2.184
* Software Platform: 2.5.0.40
* File name: 8320CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel338_PL2.5.0.40_A4.2.2.184_Sing Tel.exe
* File size: 96.01MB

Download:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE

To install this software on any 8320:

1. Download and install the latest Desktop Manager from here
2. Download and install the OS packaged linked above.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Connect BB, open Desktop Manager and you should be prompted to upgrade.

For a multi-language (English, Spanish, Hebrew, etc.) version of this OS, see this thread:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

(Link to previous 4.2.2.180 OS Click Here.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------




Does this mean that i can read Chinese and type Chinese on my Blackberry Curve 8320?
some one please explain

Thanks

Ramsy 05-13-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff216 (Post 928575)
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Forward: found by running BB OS Checker:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
=========

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.338 (Chinese)
Package Version: 4.2.2.338
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.2.2.184
* Software Platform: 2.5.0.40
* File name: 8320CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel338_PL2.5.0.40_A4.2.2.184_Sing Tel.exe
* File size: 96.01MB

Download:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE

To install this software on any 8320:

1. Download and install the latest Desktop Manager from here
2. Download and install the OS packaged linked above.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Connect BB, open Desktop Manager and you should be prompted to upgrade.

For a multi-language (English, Spanish, Hebrew, etc.) version of this OS, see this thread:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

(Link to previous 4.2.2.180 OS Click Here.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------




Does this mean that i can read Chinese and type Chinese on my Blackberry Curve 8320?
some one please explain

Thanks

Yes. I am using this OS. I can read both traditional and simplified Chinese characters as well as input Chinese characters.

blackout626 05-27-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsy (Post 928763)
Yes. I am using this OS. I can read both traditional and simplified Chinese characters as well as input Chinese characters.

Does this mean, the OS system language is still in English though? Like everything is in English but you can read the Chinese characters (if they are exist) in emails? And have the OPTION to input chinese?

Or does the whole Blackberry just switch over to Chinese?

ricpac 05-27-2008 03:27 PM

Welcome to BBF blackout626!

I guess the answer would be a Yes and well, you could always try.

blackout626 05-27-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricpac (Post 945906)
Welcome to BBF blackout626!

I guess the answer would be a Yes and well, you could always try.

Lol. Fair Enough. Gonna give it a try right now. Thanks!

Ramsy 05-27-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackout626 (Post 945899)
Does this mean, the OS system language is still in English though? Like everything is in English but you can read the Chinese characters (if they are exist) in emails? And have the OPTION to input chinese?

Or does the whole Blackberry just switch over to Chinese?

Yes, the operating system and all menus still display all text in English. You can switch the operating system and menu display to Chinese if you wish. To do so, go to Options --> Language and you can select Chinese.

frankcp 07-12-2008 02:58 PM

How could I read chinese in my c cc m88xe0


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.