05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Join Date: May 2008
Carrier: US Cellular
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | 8330 on Verizon or US Cellular??
Please Login to Remove!
I have been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post. I figure you guys would be the best to ask.
I am currently with US Cellular but my contract has expired. I am looking at getting an 8330 now that they are available! Here-in lies my dilemma.
US Cell does not have theirs available yet. (they are always dead last to offer tech) Unfortunately, CDMA is all that is available at my house and I do not have a land line. Sprint is not an option as there is no service. (and god knows how long they will stay in business) That leaves Verizon. So....
1) Do I wait for US Cell to drop theirs (which could be any time from now until the middle of June according to some sources)
2) Do I switch to Verizon and pick it up there?
The benefits to #1 -
1) US Cell data plan is truly UNLIMITED
2) Much cheaper bill. (by about $35/month)
3) GPS included with the phone (not locked to US Cells navigator)
The downside to #1 -
1) The wait
2) US Cell doesn't currently offer Ev-do speed data in my area (and doesnt know when it will be rolling out)
The benefits to #2 -
1) Verizons Curve is available now!!
2) Verizon offers EV-DO
The downside to #2 -
1) Bill is more expensive (again, by $35 a month)
2) I heard Verizon blocks the GPS feature so you have to use VZ Navigator. (I have a garmin but, still....kinda defeats the purpose of having the feature)
3) I hear that data cap is 5 meg on the unlimited plan. (not so much unlimited) Is it easy to go over this?
So, there you have it. If you were given the same options, which way would you go? I know a lot will say the T-Mobile 8320 but, GSM service is just awful in our area. (central maine...tons of dead spots)
Thanks for any advice you can give.