BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: Torsh
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bouyguestelecom
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A few concerns from a new user...

Please Login to Remove!

Dear friends,

I have been using the 8300 for a few days, it's great.

A few "strange" things :

- I have set the profile so that the only signal for emails is the red LED. I have noticed that (from times to times ?) the LED stops flashing after 10 or 20 minutes.

- One time the phone went into a "strange" state after using the escape button in a mail : the screen remained dark for one minute or so and then worked again.

Would you feel concerned ?

MANY THANKS !

Aurélien
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_hole View Post
Dear friends,

I have been using the 8300 for a few days, it's great.

A few "strange" things :

- I have set the profile so that the only signal for emails is the red LED. I have noticed that (from times to times ?) the LED stops flashing after 10 or 20 minutes.

- One time the phone went into a "strange" state after using the escape button in a mail : the screen remained dark for one minute or so and then worked again.

Would you feel concerned ?

MANY THANKS !

Aurélien
The red LED will automatically turn off after 7 or 8 minutes if not responded to by you. This is normal.

On the screen issue, start with a battery pull and see if it does it again. If it does and the device is under warranty go exchange it. Just do a backup first and it will be a breeze.

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: Torsh
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bouyguestelecom
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
The red LED will automatically turn off after 7 or 8 minutes if not responded to by you. This is normal.

On the screen issue, start with a battery pull and see if it does it again. If it does and the device is under warranty go exchange it. Just do a backup first and it will be a breeze.

E-
Thanks a lot, very informative !

I'll try not to worry about the screen issue.

Best regards
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,913
Post Thanks: 59
Thanked 241 Times in 180 Posts
Default

The LED goes off after 15 minutes, is my understanding.

Welcome to the BBForums, black_hole.
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
The LED goes off after 15 minutes, is my understanding.

Welcome to the BBForums, black_hole.
Maybe mine goes off so fast cause my BB is lean and quick! :P
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,913
Post Thanks: 59
Thanked 241 Times in 180 Posts
Default

You can get a little blue pill for that issue
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You can get a little blue pill for that issue

LOL!!!!
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
cmguerra77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Model: 8300
PIN: TS of Guinness
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 316
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hear Roger Clemens might have some for you
__________________
"One plus two plus two plus one"
Offline  




Copyright © 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.