BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tomdkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Murrieta, Ca.
Model: 9550
OS: 5.0.0.xxx
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 296
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Curve gone from sprint site?

Please Login to Remove!

looked at the sprint site today. Curve nowhere to be found....
Offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.xxx
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 10,149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

they sold out completely in their warehouses. Same thing with the Instinct. Gotta love proactive ordering... Can take 6 weeks for an order to be filled, hopefully they ordered more 5 weeks ago.
Offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
kitmoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 296
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How frustrating. I was ready to upgrade to the Curve today, and no one knows when they will be back. Maybe I should have never left Verizon. Anyone have a good way to provide feedback to the right levels?
__________________
Kitmoni
Verizon 8703e
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
KOR
CrackBerry Addict
 
KOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary
Posts: 612
Post Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

The guy that orders our devices was on the phone with a rep, 75 were available, by the time they got around to trying to commit the order they were gone. I've been holding out for the Sprint model but snatched up a US Cell device when it came in. Like the hardware, not impressed with the service or options. I'll definitely switch when the Sprint models become available.

Sprint's really shooting themselves in the foot on this one; think of all the sales they're missing out on...
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Baldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 528
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Its a hit and miss thing with sprint and their stock I place and order with them on 6/23/08 for 2 curves. Then I hear its on backorder and all these people complaining they've been waiting for over a week or so. Even my order status stated "backorder". A call to their reps confirmed "backorder" status. Turns out they had them shipped to me next-day service and received them 6/25/08. Looks like they get stock then their out, then they get stock then their out. Just gotta get your order in there and you'll get it. I think they took the phone off the site to prevent getting even more backlogged in orders. Also from what I heard they are trying to fulfill the instinct backorders as well.
__________________
Tour 9630

Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
fireboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North West Indiana
Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I came into the same issue a few days ago, I am on a government coorperate account and just upgraded to a Curve, Long story short they told me that regional stores will not have Curves until middle August. I did get lucky a returned curve was at the store and I have that until my new one arrives in August.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got mine like 3 weeks ago off the site. I was having some issues with it so I stopped in the Sprint store and they all just looked at me and asked how I was able to get it. They said there is a big waiting list at some stores.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We all know that Sprint does not have the 8330, but I was wondering if its available to other providers such as Verizon, etc. The reason I am saying this is, being cynical, that Sprint may not want something as good as BB Curve competing with the Instinct. It seems a little strange to me that the Curve disappeared just before the Instinct launched. Am I being too warped with this thinking? What do you think?

george
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
!3unn!3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: miami
Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 134
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Its a RIM side problem, my good friend from sprint ( store manager) told me that they're having difficulties with RIM and sprint tweaking issues, and have warehouse loads ready to be shipped but needing the approval by RIM...NO store has ANY curves.
__________________
PIN-31A318E2
AIM-Ketelxone
E-mail-- [email address]
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

!3unn!3

Thanks for the heads up. That makes me feel better and less cynical.

george
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
!3unn!3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: miami
Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 134
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
!3unn!3

Thanks for the heads up. That makes me feel better and less cynical.

george
Yeah day before they were being shipped in I sat at the store activating a 8830 because the curve hadn't come in and I didn't sit for no reason at all >.<....so I settled with the WE which I am happy to announce i LOVE!!
__________________
PIN-31A318E2
AIM-Ketelxone
E-mail-- [email address]
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ordered my curve online the morning of its release I am EST so ide say I was lucky enough to get one of the first few. No problems so far. God forbid I should have a problem with it being that they are limited on supply. If att gets there 3g network on par with sprints by the time the bold is released I may have a sCurve going up for sale on ebay. Or if palm creates an amazing device with an amazing NEW OS I may go back to palm. But right now I am in love with my Curve.
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

!3unn!3

Just re-read your reply and have a question. You mentioned a "tweaking" issue. Is that RIM or Sprint? And if you know, is that a tweak to make things better or is that a tweak(especially on Sprints part) to remove something that is there now but when removed or tweaked, will cost us more money per month(plan wise) to have again? There I go again, getting cynical!
thanks

george
Offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Baldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 528
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've had my curves for about 3 days now and I've had no issues at all with service. I was on the pearl and absolutely love my curve. I'm just wondering how some of use who ordered from the site got them quick while some are still waiting.
__________________
Tour 9630

Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 32B21BE5
Carrier: Sprint, Power up!
Posts: 84
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
Ordered my curve online the morning of its release I am EST so ide say I was lucky enough to get one of the first few. No problems so far. God forbid I should have a problem with it being that they are limited on supply. If att gets there 3g network on par with sprints by the time the bold is released I may have a sCurve going up for sale on ebay. Or if palm creates an amazing device with an amazing NEW OS I may go back to palm. But right now I am in love with my Curve.

Same here. I ordered mine as soon as the devices became available online. I believe I ordered it on a Friday and got my Curve the next Tuesday. In addition I got a $100.00 mail in rebate.
__________________
7510 -> 7520 -> 8700e -> 8330 via Sprint, Poweup!

PIN: 32B11BE5
Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default bs....this is so wack right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
Its a hit and miss thing with sprint and their stock I place and order with them on 6/23/08 for 2 curves. Then I hear its on backorder and all these people complaining they've been waiting for over a week or so. Even my order status stated "backorder". A call to their reps confirmed "backorder" status. Turns out they had them shipped to me next-day service and received them 6/25/08. Looks like they get stock then their out, then they get stock then their out. Just gotta get your order in there and you'll get it. I think they took the phone off the site to prevent getting even more backlogged in orders. Also from what I heard they are trying to fulfill the instinct backorders as well.
That's crazy because I ordered mine june 21...and still they give me a run around. I was suppose 2 get it by this weekend now they tell me I will have to wait another week. Im so upset because I really want this phone man. I don't understand how you order after me and get it before me.
Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I ordered through SERO on June 20th (friday). Got it on tuesday.

Like it so far.. it's my first blackberry. $60 month for everything unlimited (except the minutes)
Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I ordered mu Curve on 6/19 and still haven't received my phone as yet. I have been calling everyday and is getting conflicting information; some reps telling me to call back in the evening for a tracking number and others telling me they don't know when the phone will be available.

There is no order to what they are doing; I've read numerous posts with people ordering the phone after me receiving their phones within 3 days.

I tired of the runaround so I sent an email today to [email address] and [email address]. I hope they will be able to fix this issue.
Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricab View Post
I ordered mu Curve on 6/19 and still haven't received my phone as yet. I have been calling everyday and is getting conflicting information; some reps telling me to call back in the evening for a tracking number and others telling me they don't know when the phone will be available.

There is no order to what they are doing; I've read numerous posts with people ordering the phone after me receiving their phones within 3 days.

I tired of the runaround so I sent an email today to [email address] and [email address]. I hope they will be able to fix this issue.
Did you order through SERO or regular? (Simply everything)
Offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I ordered through regular.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.