BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Windows Live Hotmail question

Please Login to Remove!

OK, I went and set up a email [email address] but when I went to options for forwarding it would not let me use my Blackberry address as the forwarding address. Am I missing something here as I thought that using Windows Live Hotmail would get your emil forwarded instantly.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 98003
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.330
PIN: CERS!
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon
Posts: 477
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

nope. hotmail will only forward to other hotmail and live addresses. if you want access from your blackberry, you can set it up in your blackberry email settings.

the new 2.5 BIS just went online overnight, and if your carrier flipped the switch, you should be able to add hotmail to your account. i just added mine and it's instant... no more 15 minute poll intervals.
__________________
my av was not safe for preschoolers.

Last edited by oakie : 06-29-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no more than 15 minute poll intervals is no good to me.

I will stick to my AOL and use VersaForward Email Forwarding Service - AOL, Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo to your Cell Phone, Blackberry, or Email to forward my mail no more than each minute!
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I signed up for a Windows Live e-mail address (user@live.com) and that allowed me to forward messages. I was using that before. Now my Live e-mail address comes in automatically. Also, AOL mail comes in instantly as well now.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I signed up for a Windows Live e-mail address (user@live.com) and that allowed me to forward messages. I was using that before. Now my Live e-mail address comes in automatically. Also, AOL mail comes in instantly as well now.
Tell me how you did it. I set mine up and then went into the forwarding and put my user.att.blackberry.net address and it comes back with a error that it will only forward to certin addresses.

What address did you have yours forward to?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Tell me how you did it. I set mine up and then went into the forwarding and put my user.att.blackberry.net address and it comes back with a error that it will only forward to certin addresses.

What address did you have yours forward to?
I had it forwarded to my BES address. I don't think my [email address] address allowed this, but my [email address] address did. When I log in to Windows Live Hotmail using my @live.com address, I then go to Options > Forward mail to another e-mail account. I then typed in my BES e-mail address and clicked Done.

I actually just tried it with my @hotmail.com account and it worked, too. I think I remember I tried that when I first opened the account, and it didn't work. I wonder if the account has to be open for a certain period of time?? Not sure.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No need to have your Hotmail forwarded if you have OS 4.5.0.44. I just added Hotmail to my BIS and I can receive and send Hotmail email. BIS 2.5 is definitely in effect!!!!!

Last edited by JD914 : 06-29-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
No need to have your Hotmail forwarded if you have OS 4.5.0.44. I just added Hotmail to my BIS and I can receive and send.
Instantly? Without waiting the usual 15 minutes?

If not it will be of no advantage to me.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
I had it forwarded to my BES address. I don't think my [email address] address allowed this, but my [email address] address did. When I log in to Windows Live Hotmail using my @live.com address, I then go to Options > Forward mail to another e-mail account. I then typed in my BES e-mail address and clicked Done.

I actually just tried it with my @hotmail.com account and it worked, too. I think I remember I tried that when I first opened the account, and it didn't work. I wonder if the account has to be open for a certain period of time?? Not sure.
I will try it again with @live and see if it lets me.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Instantly? Without waiting the usual 15 minutes?

If not it will be of no advantage to me.
Instantly. Go to your providers BIS email set up and there should be a prompt to agree to windows live terms and conditions and add your hotmail account just like you did with your other email accounts.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What about gmail, I have been forwarded gmail to my blackberry.net account for ages, should I set it up instead as direct?
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern IL
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,076
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

gmail pushes "near" instant as well, no need to forward.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
Instantly. Go to your providers BIS email set up and there should be a prompt to agree to windows live terms and conditions and add your hotmail account just like you did with your other email accounts.
BIS requires that I agree to these terms before it will set up the account but it is just being polled every 15 minutes like the others. It is not instant to me and it will not allow me to forward MSN hotmail to my Blackberry address.

I am still missing something
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
BIS requires that I agree to these terms before it will set up the account but it is just being polled every 15 minutes like the others. It is not instant to me and it will not allow me to forward MSN hotmail to my Blackberry address.

I am still missing something
Dude, it's instant push email. Hotmail is now available with BIS 2.5 upgrade. Set it up like you did with your other email accounts on your BB. I cant make it anymore simple. Good luck.

Last edited by JD914 : 06-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

BlackBerry - Press Release


Windows Live Hotmail for BlackBerry will allow customers to:

* Use BlackBerry 'push' technology for automatic message delivery and message synchronization so the customers’ online account is up-to-date with actions taken on their BlackBerry smartphone
* Use a dedicated inbox for Windows Live Hotmail messages, which are automatically delivered to the smartphone. Customers can also choose to receive their Windows Live Hotmail messages, along with messages from other e-mail accounts, within a single inbox on their BlackBerry smartphone
* Display HTML e-mail with the ability to view graphics, Web links, and contact photos in emails
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
Dude, it's instant push email. Hotmail is now available with BIS 2.5 upgrade. Set it up like you did with your other email accounts on your BB. I cant make it anymore simple. Good luck.
Chill DUDE! Looks like it takes a little while for the hotmail account to set up as all of a sudden I got all 5 of my test messages and now does it instantly as advertised.

Excuse this newbie while I learn from you!!!
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lamonicaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 116
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
No need to have your Hotmail forwarded if you have OS 4.5.0.44. I just added Hotmail to my BIS and I can receive and send Hotmail email. BIS 2.5 is definitely in effect!!!!!
I just set mine up as well!!!! Is working like a charm!!!!
Offline  
Old 06-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Gkins3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.206
PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakie View Post
the new 2.5 BIS just went online overnight, and if your carrier flipped the switch, you should be able to add hotmail to your account. i just added mine and it's instant... no more 15 minute poll intervals.


Thanks for the great news! Just hooked my free hotmail account up with no problems now!
__________________
Blackberry 8900 4.6.1.231 BIS
Offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
9thfloormaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NC
Model: 9630
OS: 5.0.230hy
PIN: 30CB26D1
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 48
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonicaj View Post
I just set mine up as well!!!! Is working like a charm!!!!
What OS are you running on your BB 8330? I'm with Sprint and mine does not work.
Offline  
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
iPhone Mod!
 
zerog46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a House
Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold
Posts: 6,776
Post Thanks: 26
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I'm using 4.3 and its working great... Make sure you delete the account and then re-add it. and give it time...
__________________
Life is not holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

600pcs 22uF 25V22UF Nichicon PW Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 5x7mm
$22.79
600pcs 22uF 25V22UF  Nichicon PW Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 5x7mm picture50pcs 22uF 100V ELNA RJH RJJ 100V22uF Low Impedance Audio Capacitor 8x11.5
$5.09
50pcs 22uF 100V ELNA RJH RJJ  100V22uF Low Impedance Audio Capacitor 8x11.5 picture3pcs 1800uF 25V1800UF Japan ELNA RJJ Low Impedance Audio Capacitor 12.5x35mm
$2.69
3pcs 1800uF 25V1800UF  Japan ELNA RJJ Low Impedance Audio Capacitor 12.5x35mm picture50pcs 1200uF 35V1200UF LTEC LZG Super Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 12.5x30
$16.79
50pcs 1200uF 35V1200UF  LTEC LZG Super Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 12.5x30 picture10pcs 680uF 35V680UF Nichicon PW Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 13x20mm
$3.39
10pcs 680uF 35V680UF  Nichicon PW Low Impedance Long Life Capacitor 13x20mm picture






Copyright © 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.