didnt quite work for me, but i DID fix it. Heres how:
- Removed battery
- Plugged BB into comp without battery
- Opened Desktop Manager
- Opened Application Loader
- Clicked Add Software
- It then asks you to select a device - There are NONE listed (Keep this OPEN)
- I then plugged in the battery, while still connected
- It quickly shows a device in the list, as USB: UNKNOWN
- IMMEDIATELY after seeing that, click OK.
- Then it works, dunno how or why, but it did. I'm now running OS 126.96.36.199 on my 8330 Verizon and loving it.
Thanks to all who helped.
Visit this site, for a VERY similar way, that didnt work for me, but has worked for many others What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ