I use T-Mobile BB 8320 and made 220.127.116.11 version working with Korean input function using the Korean input related files from 18.104.22.168 version.
I hope this posting is helpful to other folks trying to use latest BB OS with Korean (Japanese or Chinese) input fuction from older version of BB OS.
So far, I found no issues. I'll post if I find any issues later.
UMA, Video recording, HTML email view, Korean reading & input, etc., all these new functions are working just fine. (Even MyFaves application works well)
No memory leakage found yet.
Here are the steps I used.
0) Take your micro SD card out of you BB and back up all the data in the micro SD card to your PC.
FYI, I saw several people recommending this to prevent unexpected issues.
1) Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager
2. Download and install a Blackberry OS supporting Korean input.
For example, I downloaded package version 22.214.171.124 (which contains application version 126.96.36.199)from SmarTone-Vodafone, the carrier in HongKong.
3) Download and install the latest BB OS you can find on the WEB even if it doesn't support Korean.
For example, I downloaded package version 188.8.131.52 (which contains application version 184.108.40.206) from Orange UK site.
4) Go to 'C;\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\' in your local PC and you should find two folders
If you installed same versions I installed in step 2 and 3 above, you should have '8320-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168'(older version OS with Korean support) and '8320-
v22.214.171.124_P126.96.36.199'(Newest version OS without Korean support)
5) Delete all the files and folders under '8320-v188.8.131.52_P184.108.40.206'(Newer version).
Copy all the files and folders in '8320-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168'(Older version) to '8320-v22.214.171.124_P126.96.36.199'(Newer version) folder.
6) Now, reinstall the newer version BB OS you downloaded from step #3 above.
This way, everything in '8320-v188.8.131.52_P184.108.40.206'(folder for newer version) will be replaced back to newest files other than Korean related files that are not
included in the newest version.
7) Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
8) Connect your BB with your PC and execute the Desktop Manager you installed in Step #1. You should be prompted to upgrade.
9) The whole upgrade process takes about 45 minutes to one hour.
Your BB will be rebooted several times and it may look like dead just showing a sandglass for a quite long time.
Don't unplug your BB!!! It is normal. Be patient and sing your favoriate songs while waiting.
10) Finally, your BB will wake up and start setup process.
11) Put your micro SD card back, format it and restore all the data you've backed up to your PC.
xxx49884;xxx50528;xxx53952;xxx50640;xxx49436; xxx51456;. *^_^*